Flights to Dubai
Things to do in Dubai
Dubai is a city of contrasts. Excessive yet restrained. Cosmopolitan yet conservative. Quiet mosques are nestled between extravagant shopping malls while enormous skyscrapers tower over the city's traditional Bastakiya quarter. You won’t want to miss the vast marbled malls, gleaming glass towers, artificial island, coral-sand beaches and the adrenaline-pumping fun of Wild Wadi and Ski Dubai, but here are a few more things to do in Dubai…
- Take a hot air balloon to watch the sun come up over the Arabian Desert
- Visit the Dubai Museum in the square Al Fahidi Fort, built in 1787
- Take an excursion to Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to spy an oryx
- Visit Sheikh Saeed Al-Maktoum House, a traditional 1896 courtyard house
- Explore the souvenir-saturated Souk Madinat Jumeriah
- Visit Hatta Heritage Village during Ramadan for local Emirati singing and dancing
- Stroll around one of Dubai’s great parks like the river side Dubai Creek Park
- Take the kids to the Zabeel Park children’s entertainment zone
- Visit the Jumeirah Mosque at sunrise
- Take a traditional abras boat across Dubai Creek
- Go swimming on a white sandy beach like Jumeriah Open Beach or Umm Suqeim
- Kick back with a barbeque at Al Mamzar Beach Park
- Visit one of the city's incredible waterparks, Aquaventure Water Park, Wild Wadi Water Park and Wonderland
- Treat yourself to one of the five star hotel restaurants like Table 9 or Nobu
- Mingle with the locals over cheap eats on Al Dhiyafah Road
- Discover the spice souk in the old town of Deira
- Sample the local cuisine of Wafi Gourmet food store and restaurant
Travellers to Dubai should always remember to respect local laws and traditions. Alcohol is only served at licensed establishments and people should dress and behave with modesty during their stay.
Search for Flights
Looking for a cosmopolitan destination where your love of fine dining, exclusive hotels, luxurious spas, fabulous shopping and sport can flourish? Then Dubai is the perfect place for you. Combine this with an enchanting Arabian culture and a range of exciting family activities to enjoy, and you have a city second to none.
With year round sunshine, Dubai is the perfect destination for your next holiday or as a stopover on your way to Europe.