Field Of Light Competition
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion and acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited c/o dnata PO Box 1515, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (telephone number 04 316 6761) (Promoter).
3) The promotion commences at 00:01am on 15 February and closes at 11:59pm on 31 March 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to residents of the United Arab Emirates aged 18 years or over(Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period
a) Make an eligible booking on qantas.com. An Eligible Booking includes
at least one one way-or return flight to Australia starting with a Qantas
flight number (QF) for travel until 31 December 2016.
b) Complete the online entry form, including their Qantas flight booking
6) To take the prize, Eligible Entrants must be in Australia for a period between 1 April and 30 December 2016. Eligible Entrants can enter if their flight departs before 1 April 2016, but they must be able to extend their trip to fall within the dates above to be able to take the prize. Qantas will give winners the opportunity to change the date of their return flight to the UAE. Date change is subject to availability of the original booking class of travel. In the event the original booking class of travel is not available, a fare difference to a higher booking class of travel may apply to the winner. The date of departure from the UAE cannot be changed.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8) Entrants may enter as per the number of passengers on the booking. Eligible Entrants will receive one entry into the draw per every passenger on their Eligible Booking, unless they are a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and provide their valid Qantas Frequent Flyer number on the entry form, in which case, the Eligible Entrant will receive two entries into the draw per passenger on their Eligible Booking.
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
11) The draw will take place at the offices of the Promoter on 7 April 2016 and will be conducted by the Promoter. (Drawer).
12) The results of the draws are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) There will be four (4) prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AED29,000 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) Each prize consists of
- Two (2) return economy tickets from either Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin or Cairns to Ayers Rock (Uluru), Australia. Flights may be operated by Qantas or Jetstar, may be via Alice Springs and may not be offered every day.
- Two (2) nights twin share accommodation at Uluru at Voyages Sails in the Desert in a Superior Room including full buffet breakfast daily
- Entry for two (2) to the Field of Light art installation including return coach transfers, canapes and drinks at sunset, twilight viewing of the Field of Light art installation from a raised dune platform and a self-guided walk through the illuminated Field of Light.
15) Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
Accommodation is subject to Voyages Ayers Rock Resort general booking terms and conditions, available at www.ayersrockresort.com.au/terms-and-conditions.
16) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
17) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by Monday 30 May 2016 and all travel must be completed by 31 December 2016. With the exception of clause 6, there can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
18) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners
20) The winners will be notified phone and/or e-mail within two (2) working days of the draw date and their names will be published on www.qantas.com/travel/airlines/field-of-light-competition/ae/en within seven (7) days of the draw.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
21) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prizes that remain unclaimed at midday 25 April 2016 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 26 April 2016 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and/or e-mail by 30 April 2016 and their names will be published on www.qantas.com./travel/airlines/field-of-light- competition/ae/en within seven (7) days of the draw.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's and Voyages Privacy Statements, visit www.qantas.com/privacy and Voyages Uluru Resort Ayers Rock to obtain copies.
30) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.