Experience the wonder of the Field of Light
This competition is now closed.
See the light mirror the stars and touch the silence at Uluru.
In 2016, the Field of Light art installation by internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro is coming to Uluru. This global phenomenon, of over 50,000 radiant frosted spheres will gently illuminate Australia's spiritual heartland.
Together with Voyages Ayers Rock Resort, in December we gave away 10 trips to Uluru to experience the wonder of the Field of Light, where infinity comes to life.
The prize included:
- Two return economy tickets from either Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin or Cairns to Ayers Rock (Uluru) flying Qantas or Jetstar;
- Two nights twin share accommodation at Uluru at Voyages Sails in the Desert in a Superior Room including full buffet breakfast daily, a schedule of free Indigenous activities, and return Ayers Rock Airport coach transfers; and
- Entry for two to the Field of Light art installation including return coach transfers, canapes and drinks at sunset, twilight viewing of the Field of Light art installation from a raised dune platform, a 3-course bush tucker inspired buffet and a self-guided walk through the illuminated Field of Light.
For the chance to win this amazing prize, you needed to:
- make an eligible booking (a booking which includes at least one one way or return flight from London Heathrow to Australia with a Qantas (QF) flight number) on this website between 1 and 31 December 2015;
- complete the online entry form, including your Qantas flight booking reference, by 11.59pm 31 December 2015.
Plus, if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you could have received an additional entry into the draw by adding your Qantas Frequent Flyer number on the entry form. If you're not a Qantas Frequent Flyer, join now - membership is complimentary.
Entry was open to UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over. The Field of Light art installation will be from open from 1 April 2016.
Please note, to take the prize, you must be in Australia between 1 April and 30 December 2016. If your return flight departs before 1 April 2016, you may extend your trip to fall within the dates above to be able to take the prize. We will give winners the opportunity to change the date of their return flight to the UK to be able to do this, however your date of departure from the UK cannot be changed.
About Field of Light
Field of Light art installation, and global phenomenon, by internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro, is coming to Australia for the first time. As part of Ayers Rock Resort's commitment to arts and culture, it's hosting the biggest Field of Light installation to date at the place that inspired it - Uluru.
Bruce Munro and his team will install more than 50,000 slender stems crowned with frosted-glass spheres that will bloom as darkness falls over Australia's spiritual heartland. Pathways will draw viewers into the installation, which will come to life under a sky brilliant with stars.
Guests can delve into the experiential artwork in a number of different ways; from the entry-level Field of Light Pass which includes return coach transfers to the remote site with ample time to experience the installation; to a special dinner under the night sky at A Night at Field of Light.
Bruce Munro is noted for his immersive site-specific installations that employ light to evoke emotional response, often in an outdoor context and on a monumental scale. Born in London in 1959, Munro's passion for light as a medium began in Australia. Munro visited Uluru in 1992 as he farewelled the country he'd called home for eight years.
While camping at Uluru, he says: 'The Field of Light installation was one idea that landed in my sketchbook and kept on nagging at me to be done. I saw in my mind a landscape of illuminated stems that, like the dormant seed in a dry desert, quietly wait until darkness falls, under a blazing blanket of southern stars, to bloom with gentle rhythms of light,' he says.
Flying to Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Discover Australia's Outback with us.
Hop aboard one of our daily flights from London Heathrow via Dubai to Sydney or Melbourne, or a codeshare flight with our partner Emirates from Dubai to Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane.
Then take advantage of our extensive domestic network and Qantas Walkabout Pass fares to explore more of Australia's Outback, including Ayers Rock (Uluru) and Alice Springs.+ We offer flights from Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns and Darwin.~
~ Some flights may be operated by Jetstar, and flights to Ayers Rock (Uluru) may be via Alice Springs.
Important InformationBack to top
Field of Light image courtesy of Voyages Ayers Rock Resort; Uluru at sunset image courtesy of Tourism Northern Territory.