Feels Like Home promotion
Game of chance - Terms and conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the 'Feels Like Home' promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 131313) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am Friday 28 April, 2017 and closes at 11.59pm on Sunday 18 June, 2017 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents, 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Have an active and valid Facebook profile.
b) Log on to the Qantas Facebook Feels like home competition post at https://www.facebook.com/Qantas/videos/10154581933862686/, 'tag' a friend they'd like to be reunited with (that is living not deceased).
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Once an Eligible Entrant has submitted their completed entry they will be treated as having submitted one (1) entry into the promotion. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place at 2.00pm on Monday 26 June, 2017 at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The winner will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries.
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$20,000 based on the recommended retail value as at 7 April, 2017. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
13) The first eligible entry drawn will win one (1) return business class flight for themselves to visit the person tagged in their entry to any Qantas port domestically or internationally that is closest to the nominated person's residential address. The return flight will be via the same ports. Includes flight associated taxes.
14) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each passenger. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
15) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and travel dates will be determined by the Promoter. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued. The passenger will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points. Travel must be completed by Wednesday 30 May, 2018.
16) The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the prize is unable to be taken as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
17) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
18) The winner will be notified in writing by Facebook Messenger within 2 business days of the draw and their details (including name, suburb and state) will appear on the Qantas campaign page https://www.qantas.com/au/en/promotions/spirit.html, on Monday 3 July, 2017 for a period of 28 days and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 7 July, 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
19) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. A second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Tuesday 10 October, 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law if the winner, after notified, is unable to claim the prize. The winner, if any, will be notified in writing by Facebook Messenger within 2 business days of the draw and their details (including name, suburb and state) will appear on the Qantas campaign page https://www.qantas.com/au/en/promotions/spirit.html, from Tuesday 17 October, 2017 for a period of 28 days and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 20 October, 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
20) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
21) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
22) The exclusion of liability in clause 21 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
24) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
25) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
26) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
27) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13332, ACT Permit No. TP17/00699 and SA Licence No. T17/652.