Are you New Zealand's Fastest Packer?
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter this promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 203 Coward Street, Mascot, NSW 2020, Australia (telephone number + 61 2 9691 3000) (Promoter).
- The promotion commences on 09/11/09 at 6.00am and closes on 04/12/09 at 4.00pm (Promotion Period). The promotion comprises three weekly draws (Weekly Draws), one workplace draw (Workplace Draw) and one major draw (Major Draw).
- Entry is open only to New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter.
- To receive one (1) entry into the relevant Weekly Draw or Major Draw, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) Visit the Fastest Packer website at www.fastestpacker.co.nz
(b) Play the Fastest Packer game on the website;
(c) Register their name, email address and their interest in receiving particular Red e-Mail airfare offers (Tasman or International flights departing from Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch or Queenstown airports) on the website; and
(d) Read and accept the terms and conditions of this competition (Eligible Process).
- To receive one (1) entry into the Workplace Draw, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) Complete a promotion entry form provided by More FM when More FM visits a workplace; and
(b) Provide that promotion entry form to More FM (Workplace Process).
- Eligible Entrants will receive one additional entry into the relevant Weekly Draw or Major Draw if, at the time of completing the Eligible Process, they refer a friend using the referral mechanism at the Fastest Packer website.
- Eligible Entrants will receive five additional entries into the relevant Weekly Draw or Major Draw if, during the Promotion Period, they book and pay and enter the booking reference at the time of completing the Eligible Process.
- Eligible Entrants are restricted to one entry per day into the relevant Weekly Draw, Major Draw or Workplace draw. Entries in excess of this will be discarded. Eligible Entrants will not receive five additional entries into the relevant Weekly Draw or Major Draw if they enter a booking reference which has already been entered during a prior Eligible Process.
- Eligible Entrants who complete the Eligible Process or the Workplace Process will also be subscribed to the Qantas Red e-Mail newsletter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Prize winners will be selected on a random basis. The result of each draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- There will be three Weekly Draws, one Workplace Draw and one Major Draw. Each draw will take place at More FM, 239 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby Auckland, New Zealand and will be conducted by More FM (as agent of the Promoter). The week 1 Weekly Draw will take place at 5.00pm on 13/11/09; the week 2 Weekly Draw will take place at 5.00pm on 20/11/09; the week 3 Weekly Draw will take place at 5.00pm on 27/11/09; and the Workplace Draw and Major Draw will take place at 5.00pm on 04/12/09.
- There will be 5 (five) prizes. One (1) prize will be awarded at random in each Weekly Draw and Major Draw from a pool of Eligible Entrants who have completed the Eligible Process as at the date of the relevant draw. One (1) prize will be awarded at random in the Workplace Draw from a pool of Eligible Entrants who have completed the Workplace Process as at the date of the Workplace Draw. Each of the three (3) winners of the Weekly Draws and the winner of the Workplace Draw will receive: two Qantas return economy class airfares to Sydney departing from Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington; 2 nights’ accommodation at the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour or Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour (subject to availability); and a “hers” Maybelline New York bag and a “his” L'Oreal Men Expert toiletries bag. The Weekly Draw and Workplace Draw prizes are valued at NZ$2,000 each. The winner of the Major Draw will receive: two Qantas return economy class airfares to New York departing from Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington; 4 nights’ accommodation at the Novotel Times Square in New York; NZ$1,000 spending money; and a “hers” Maybelline New York bag and a “his” L'Oreal Men Expert toiletries bag. The Major Draw prize is valued at NZ$9,000. The total prize value is NZ$17,000 based on the recommended retail value of the airfares, accommodation and goods provided, the value of the spending money and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email within two days of the relevant Weekly Draw, Workplace Draw or Major Draw. Winners will also be announced and promoted on More FM Radio on 13/11/09 (week 1); 20/11/09 (week 2); 27/11/09 (week 3); and 04/12/09 (Major Draw and Workplace Draw).
Date winners announced
Friday 13 November 2009 - Weekly Draw prize
Friday 20 November 2009 - Weekly Draw prize
Friday 27 November 2009 - Weekly Draw prize
Friday 4 December 2009 - Workplace Draw prize
Friday 4 December 2009 - Major Draw prize
- Prizes do not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes payable directly to third parties, ground transportation or any other costs which are not specifically stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companion.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and cannot be taken during public holidays and peak travel periods (as determined by the Promoter). Winners and their companions must travel together on all flights via the most direct routing. Winners and their companions will not accrue Qantas Points on the prize travel or accommodation. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas points.
- There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued for any prize. Each prize must be booked by 30/11/2010 for travel completed before 31/12/2010. Bookings must be made 15 days in advance of departure. Each prize will be forfeited if it is not used within the specified timeframe.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Subject to any applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an Eligible Entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion Terms and Conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 04/03/10, the Promoter may redraw an Eligible Entry at random to award that prize. The redraw will take place at Qantas Airways Limited, Qantas House, Level 6, Queen Street, Auckland, New Zealand, and will be conducted by the Promoter, subject to any written direction given under applicable law.
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter or More FM Radio, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, Eligible Entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.
- MediaWorks is the agent of More FM in relation to this competition. MediaWorks terms and conditions apply, a copy of which is available at www.mediaworks.co.nz. These Fastest Packer Terms and Conditions will apply if there is any inconsistency with the MediaWorks terms and conditions.