Terms & Conditions
WIN flights with Qantas on Facebook
- Information on how to enter this promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, Australia (telephone number: 02 9691 3636), Level 6 191 Queen Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand (telephone number 0800 101 500) (Promoter). All times are local New Zealand times.
- The promotion commences at 09.00am on 13 April 2015 and closes at 10.00pm on 28 April 2015. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Log onto facebook.com and go to the Qantas Facebook page;
b. Go to the ‘Live your dreams’ Facebook Application by clicking on the ‘Explore the World’ banner;
c. Select 3 of the 30 destinations to show where you would most like to visit then fill out their contact details in the entry form; and
d. Submit the form through the ‘Live your dreams’ Facebook Application.
- Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry per Facebook account.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any lost, late, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, howsoever caused.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Facebook account used to enter the competition is held.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with Facebook's Terms of Service and other related policies (available at www.facebook.com/legal/terms).
Drawing of entries
- The result of draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one (1) draw. The drawing of entries will take place at 11.00am on 30 April 2015 at Qantas Airways Limited, Level 6, AXA Centre, 191 Queen Street, Auckland, New Zealand, and will be conducted by the Promoter.
Notification of the winner
- The Winner will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on facebook.com/Qantas.
- There will be one (1) prize. The maximum total prize value is NZ$7,000. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts all conditions of use of the prize.
- The prize includes return economy flights from New Zealand for two people to the winners choice of 1 destination selected during entry.
- Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- All prize travel must be booked by 1 April 2016 and completed by 30 June 2016. Advance bookings essential, please allow minimum of 21 days’ notice when making the booking. Any additional services must be paid for in advance. Travel is not permitted between 20 December 2015 and 18 January 2016.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once vouchers are issued. If the prize or any part of it is not utilised it will be forfeited.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Drawing backup entries
- As part of the drawing, the Promoter will select an additional winner for the draw as per clause 13 above to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 30 July 2015 the Promoter will award the prize to the backup winner, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email within 2 business days after the draw and their names will be published on facebook.com/Qantas and qantas.com.
Limitation of Liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at qantas.com/privacy.
Important information about competitions on Facebook
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.