Ed Sheeran Competition
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion and acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number +61 2 9691 4661) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 9:00am on 20 November and closes at 12:00pm on 24 November (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5) If the prize winner is under the age of 18, before they can redeem their prize they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian to do so, and must be accompanied during their prize travel by an Australian or New Zealand resident over the age of 18.
Entry into the promotion
6) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period comment on the relevant Qantas Facebook post state in 25 words or less why the entrant is Ed Sheeran's "biggest fan." Post available from 9:00am on 20 November
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11) Entries will be judged on their originality and creativity.
12) The judging will take place at 12:00pm on 24 November at 10 Bourke Rd., Mascot, NSW. The judging will be conducted by the Promoter. (Adjudicator).
13) The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
14) There will be one (1) prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$3,000 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15) The prize consists of "meet and greet" tickets to Ed Sheeran's concert on 5 December 2015 in Melbourne, Australia for the winner and a companion. The prize will also contain flights and accommodation listed below:
- Return flight tickets to Melbourne from any Australian capital city in economy class for the winner and their companion, to be completed by 7 December 2015
- One (1) night accommodation in Melbourne on Saturday 5 December 2015 at Mantra on the Park in Melbourne, 333 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
16) For winners who are residents of the city or live in reasonable close proximity to Melbourne, VIC, flights and accommodation will not form any part of the prize.
17) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
18) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
19) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 1 December 2015. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 7 December 2015. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
20) The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
21) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners
22) The winners will be notified by public reply to their Facebook comment by 5:00pm on 24 November.
Judging backup entries
23) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional entry to be used as a backup winner in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5:00pm on 28 November the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by public reply to their Facebook comment on 30 November.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
24) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
25) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
26) The exclusion of liability in clause 25 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
27) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
28) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
29) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
30) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.