Chance to win an 8-night luxury cruise for two with Cunard Line
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms an d conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3) The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 18 March 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 15 April 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to residents of Australia who are 21 years of age or older as at the date of entry, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate, any prize sponsor of the Promotion and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Complete the online entry form at http://www.qantas.com.au/wincunardlinecompetition
b. Accept the terms and conditions of the promotion.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will be computer generated and will take place at 11:00am (AEDT) on 17 April 2015 at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089.
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool is AU$5,758 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
13) The prize includes:
- Two (2) Return Qantas Economy flights from the winner's closest Australian Qantas operated port to Sydney (includes flight associated taxes)
- Two (2) cruise tickets on Cunard Line's Queen Victoria 8 nights East Coast of Australia cruise from Sydney roundtrip departing 29 February 2016, stopping to explore Hobart, Kangaroo Island, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Accommodation onboard the cruise ship is twin share in an Inside Category IF cabin.
- Prize includes main meals (except specialty dining) and onboard entertainment.
14) Cunard Line and Qantas accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. Cunard Line may alter the itinerary from the itinerary originally promoted.
15) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' and Cunard Line General Conditions of Carriage.
16) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on the cruise.
17) Prize travel must be booked by 31 August 2015. Prize travel must be completed by 9 March 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued. Passengers will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
18) The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
20) The winner will be notified in writing by email within 2 working days of the draw and their name will be published on facebook.com/Qantas, twitter.com/qantas and qantas.com and in The Australian newspaper on 24 April 2015.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
21) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed on 17 July 2015, the Promoter may instruct MDSA to conduct a redraw at the same place and time as the original draw on 7 August 2015, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner selected by this method will be notified by phone and in writing by email within 2 working days after being drawn, and their name will be published at facebook.com/Qantas, twitter.com/qantas and qantas.com and in The Australian newspaper on 14 August 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
26) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
27) The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
28) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/01401, ACT Permit No. TP15/04911, VIC Permit No. 15/407 and SA Licence No. T15/322.