Qantas Conference Online Terms and Conditions
Qantas Conference Online Conditions of Offer
1. Qantas Conference online provides delegates attending a conference event ("the Event") with easy access to an online booking service made available free of charge by Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901 ("Qantas"). The service allows direct access from the Event Organiser/Company's conference web page to the Qantas website facility where flight schedules, availability and bookings are all made available. The service can only be used in relation to Australian domestic travel within Australia and/or travel from Australia to Qantas international destinations (with the exception of codeshare and Jetstar Airways services).
(a) Australian Domestic Flights: For every fifty (50) ticketed adult passengers travelling to the Event who have booked a domestic flight with Qantas, or QantasLink using the Qantas Conference Online WebPage, and are identified exclusively through the Conference Reporting System, Qantas will, subject to these Conditions of Offer, provide either the fifty-first (51st) ticket as a bonus ("Bonus Ticket") or a travel voucher to the value of AUD250.00. The Bonus Ticket will be based on the average fare, booked in economy class. The offer does not include Qantas codeshare or Jetstar Airways services. The Bonus Ticket covers the fare only (which is GST exempt); airport and ticket taxes are the responsibility of the passenger. For the purposes of these Conditions of Offer the "Conference Reporting System is an in-house tool which captures the total number of tickets booked via the web page created specifically for the event.
(b) New Zealand: If the Event requires travel from Australia to New Zealand, for every twenty (20) ticketed adult passengers travelling to the Event who have booked a flight to New Zealand with Qantas, using the Qantas Conference Online WebPage, and are identified exclusively through the Conference Reporting System, Qantas will, subject to these Conditions of Offer, provide the twenty-first (21st) ticket as a Bonus Ticket. The Bonus Ticket will be based on the average fare, booked in economy class. The offer does not include Qantas codeshare or Jetstar Airways services. The Bonus Ticket covers the fare only; airport and ticket taxes are the responsibility of the passenger.
(c) International Destinations: If the Event is located at a Qantas international operated destination other than New Zealand, Qantas will, subject to these Conditions of Offer, issue a Bonus Ticket each time the Minimum Booking Threshold is achieved in respect of the Event. The Bonus Ticket will be based on the average fare, booked in economy class and will cover the fare only; airport and ticket taxes are the responsibility of the passenger. For the purposes of this clause 1(c), "Minimum Booking Threshold" means that number of passengers (as determined by Qantas at its absolute discretion) who must travel to the Event on a Qantas flight (excluding codeshare and Jetstar services) booked through the Qantas Conference Online WebPage and be identified exclusively through the Conference Reporting System before Qantas will provide a Bonus Ticket.
2. Bonus Tickets
(a) Bonus Tickets will only be valid for travel three days either side of the Event dates, for guest speakers, committee members or delegates nominated by the Event Organiser. Bonus Tickets are subject to seat availability and at least seven (7) working days notice is required for the issuance of Bonus Tickets. Please contact Qantas Group Travel no later than ten (10) working days prior to the Event, to check if you are eligible to receive any Bonus Tickets.
(b) Once the Event has concluded, the Bonus Ticket or travel voucher offer will no longer be available. Travel Vouchers are valid for a 12 month period from date of issue and can not be redeemed for cash.
(c) If at any time a Bonus Ticket requires re-issuing, the applicable service fee will be charged, per ticket re-issued.
(d) If passenger numbers should drop below the pre-Event numbers required to qualify for the respective Bonus Ticket/s or travel voucher/s, the Event Organiser will be liable to reimburse Qantas the cost of any Bonus Tickets or travel vouchers Qantas provided under these Conditions of Offer.
3. Cancellation fees are as per published fare rules.
4. In return for the above services, the Event Organiser acknowledges and agrees with the following:
(a) The Event Organiser warrants that there are at least twenty (20) delegates attending the Event.
(b) The Event Organiser will acknowledge Qantas as a Conference Supporter amongst delegates to the Event, the media and other corporate partners.
(c) The Event Organiser will: (i) acknowledge Qantas as the Official Airline (ie. sole airline) and Conference Supporter of the Event;
(ii) place the Qantas name and logo; and (iv) place the Qantas Conference online WebPage address and its recommendation to delegates that they book through that link; on all registration brochures relating to the Event. In these Conditions of Offer, all registration brochures include electronic and hard copies and includes without limitation, the Event Organiser's website, the Event website, all promotional material and all correspondence.
The Event Organiser must obtain Qantas' prior written approval of all registration brochures and promotional materials relating to the Event prior to going to print, or if the registration brochures or material is not being printed, prior to its distribution.
(d) The Event Organiser will not advertise or display the logo of any other airline or any other provider of airline travel services (including travel agents which are subsidiaries of such provider of airline travel services).
5. These Conditions of Offer include the "Qantas Web Site Linking Conditions", attached as Schedule "A".
6. A party may terminate this agreement by giving written notice to the other party (such notice effective immediately) if the other party is in material breach of any of its obligations under this agreement, the other party becomes insolvent or if the other party does or says anything which may bring a party into disrepute. Qantas may terminate this agreement by giving written notice to the other party (such notice effective immediately) if the Event is cancelled or the Event Organiser ceases to organise the Event. Termination of this agreement does not affect any accrued rights or remedies.
7. A party has no right, title or interest in the other party's name, trademark or logos except to use them in the manner provided for in these Conditions of Offer and the "Qantas Web Site Linking Conditions". At the conclusion of the Event or on termination, all such rights end.
8. This agreement is valid for the Event only.
9. The Event Organiser releases and indemnifies Qantas, it's related bodies corporate and each of their
officers, employees, contractors and agents against any liability, loss, damage, claim or allegation incurred, imposed or suffered by any of them (directly or indirectly) in connection with the Event, including without limitation the Event Organiser's promotion and conduct of the Event.
Schedule A - Qantas Web Site Linking Conditions
If you have opted to link your conference online dedicated WebPage to the Qantas web site located at www.qantas.com ("the Site") you must comply with these conditions.
Please read these conditions carefully.
Qantas reserves the right to change these conditions at any time. Qantas will endeavour to provide you with advance notice of any changes but it is not always possible to do so. For this reason, you should check the conditions contained on the site regularly. A reference in this document to "these Conditions" means these Qantas Web Site Linking Conditions as amended from time to time.
1. Qantas logo/text link/trademarks: These Conditions allow you to link to the site using a text link, not a Qantas trademark.
2. Information: You may only link to the page(s) of the Site specified at the end of these Conditions. You must obtain the prior written agreement of the General Manager Online Sales or his or her delegate if you would like to link to any other page of the site.
3. Your Obligations:
3.1 You must only use the Qantas name for linking to the Site in accordance with these Conditions.
3.2 You must not frame any material contained on the Site.
3.3 You must not use the Qantas name or any other material on the Site in a manner which, in the opinion of Qantas:
(a) represents or conveys the impression that Qantas has approved or recommends any of your products or services;
(b) unless expressly agreed in writing by Qantas, represents or conveys the impression that you (or any of your related bodies corporate or personnel) are related to, associated with or sponsored by Qantas;
(c) makes fun of or satirises the Qantas name;
(d) disparages or defames Qantas or any of its products or services; or
(e) breaches any applicable laws.
3.4 You must ensure that when you link to the site you do so in a manner that:
(a) does not interfere with or obscure any Qantas trade marks, logos or other material on the site; and
(b) allows a person accessing your Internet site to see the same information and be able to navigate through that information in the same way as would a user accessing this Site directly.
3.5 The Internet site that links to the Site must not contain any material that is defamatory, pornographic, unlawful or otherwise contrary to accepted standards of public decency and good taste.
3.6 You must abide by the 'Image Standards for Qantas.com'
4. Inspection Rights: You agree to allow Qantas access to your Internet site at any time (and you must ensure that Qantas has all necessary access codes as current from time to time) for purposes of reviewing your compliance with these Conditions.
5. Intellectual Property Rights: Nothing in these Conditions transfers or grants any intellectual property rights in the material contained in the Site, the Qantas name or trade marks.
6. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify Qantas and keep Qantas indemnified against all claims, losses, damages, expenses and legal costs that Qantas may sustain or incur as a result, whether directly or indirectly, of you linking to the Site, your use of any material contained in the Site, the Qantas name or trade marks, your negligence, any breach by you of these conditions or any applicable laws.
7. Liability: To the extent permitted by law, Qantas excludes any liability it may have to you arising out of or in connection with your linking to the Site (including but not limited to liability for lost profits, lost revenue or loss of data).
8.1 Qantas can terminate your right to link to the Site at any time by giving you notice (including, without limitation, by e-mail, which is deemed to be given when sent by Qantas or by placing a notice on the Site).
8.2 On termination of your right to link to the Site, you must immediately stop using the Qantas name, trademark and logo and stop linking to the Site.
9. Entire Agreement and Variation: These Conditions, together with the attached Conditions of Offer:
(a) constitute the entire agreement between the parties in relation to linking to the Site; and
(b) in relation to linking to the Site, supersedes any prior understanding or agreement between the parties and any prior condition, warranty, indemnity or representation imposed, given or made by a party.
10. Governing Law: These Conditions are governed by the laws applicable in the State of New South Wales and each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.