Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number: 02 9691 3636) New Zealand telephone number 0800 101 500 (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in New Zealand on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00.01am on 31 January 2015 and closes at 23.59pm on 27 March 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to NZ residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period.
a) Enter the unique Qantas Keyword from the Weekend Herald’s Canvas Magazine and complete the entry form at qantas.com/canvas by providing
1. A Qantas codeword and
2. Their First name, Last name, Email address, Phone number and Qantas departure port.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- There will be 8 keywords. Eligible Entrants are permitted to enter once per unique keyword, for a maximum of 8 entries per Eligible Entrant.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- The draw will take place at 11.00am on 31 March at 191 Queen Street, Auckland. The draw will be conducted by the promoter (Drawer).
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is NZ$11,000, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- The prize is for two people and includes a 5 day itinerary with optional ski add-on:
a) Return economy flights to Santiago on Qantas operated services from Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch or Queenstown via Sydney. Flight times vary depending on chosen departure port.
b) Transfer from Santiago airport to your hotel, provide by CTS TURISMO
c) 2 nights’ accommodation in Santiago at Hotel Galerias (San Antonio 65 Santiago, 8320263, Chile) in standard room with breakfast
d) A 1FD Cajon del Maipo Trekking tour with ANDO ANDES. Amazing views of the Andes, lagoons and glaciers in the Maipo Canyon. Explore the Andes, discover the history of the valley, surprise yourself with its landscapes and enjoy this unforgettable scenic tour. Take with you the magic of the mountains! Scenic tour to Embalse el Yeso lagoon with lunch at restaurant. Does not include a hike. Tour subject to modification due to weather conditions (rain or snow).
e) A half day Biking Tour - Local’s Life and Morning Markets – with BICICLETA VERDE. This is the most picturesque tour in Santiago, where you'll experience the rich diversity and culture rising from Chile's 450 year history. The route takes you through bohemian neighborhoods, past buildings rich in culture and history, into bustling markets, and to the most visited historical sites. The tour starts from Bicicleta Verde’s Office. Duration: approximately 3 hours. The excursion starts from Bicicleta Verde’s Office at 9.15 am. Included: a bike, helmet, mineral water, guide, juice and a sopaipilla
f) Transfer from your hotel in Santiago to Valparaiso, provide by CTS TURISMO
g) 1 night accommodation in Valparaiso at CASA HIGUERAS (Calle Higuera 133, Cerro Alegre, Valparaíso, Chile in a standard room. Breakfast is not included.
h) A half day tour of Viña Del Mar and Valparaiso with CTS TURISMO. Start with a tour of Valparaiso Valparaíso (Main port of Chile), recently declared Cultural Humanity Patrimony by UNESCO. Highlights of the city: Victoria square, Sotomayor square, Glorias Navales Monument, 21 de Mayo Boulevard; next visit Viña Del Mar, known like Garden city. In this place we see the flower match, Casino and Reñaca; then arrive back in Santiago, via Quinta Vergara
i) 1 night accommodation in Santiago at Hotel Isamel 312 (Ismael Valdés Vergara 312, Santiago 8320089, Región Metropolitana, Chile) in a standard room. Breakfast not included.
j) A half day tour of Matetic Winery with lunch included. Pick up and drop off from your hotel. You will enjoy an entertaining tour of our winery’s facilities and a tasting in the Matetic wine cellar finishing the tour with lunch at Equilibrio Restaurant.
k) Transfer from your hotel to the airport, provided by CTS TURISMO
Optional Skiing Add-on including:
(Available during the ski season: 26 June – 17 July or 1 August – 24 September 2015)
l) Two nights’ accommodation at Hotel Puerta del Sol in Valle Nevado Ski Resort (Avenida Vitacura 5250 of. 304, Vitacura, Región Metropolitana, Chile) in a double room. Half board meal plan of breakfast and dinner included. Transfers not included.
m) Lift tickets for 3 days, après ski at Bar Puerta del Sol and access to all facilities. Excludes: Gratuities, lunch.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Please allow minimum of 21 days’ notice when making the booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
- Prize travel must be booked by 31 December 2015. Prize travel must be completed by 1 March 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winner will be notified by email within 5 business days of the draw and their name will be published on qantas.com and Facebook.com/Qantas within 10 business days of the draw.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 23.59pm 4 May 2015, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 5 May 2015 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email within 5 business days of the draw and their name will be published on qantas.com and Facebook.com/Qantas within 10 business days of the draw.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.