Things don't always go to plan. Depending on your fare type, you may be able to cancel your flight.*
If your Qantas flight booking or Frequent Flyer Reward booking was made online at qantas.com or through a Qantas Contact Centre in Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, United States, Mexico, Chile and Argentina, you may be able to cancel online.
If you cancel your flight, you may receive:
- A credit voucher^ to use next time for a flight anywhere on the Qantas network, or
- The value after fees have been deducted as a refund, depending on your fare conditions
After you've cancelled your booking, we'll e-mail you details on how to redeem your credit voucher online. If you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer, your voucher will appear in Your Bookings.
Note that bookings with other travel items may also be affected:
- Car hire: If you have added car hire to your booking, your car will be cancelled when you cancel your flight.
- Travel insurance: If you have added travel insurance to your booking, you need to contact QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited to cancel your insurance.
Did you know that Qantas now has a Same Day No Mistake policy? For bookings made at qantas.com in selected countries, we give you until midnight on same day you make your booking to let us know and we will correct your flight details with no change fees. Read more about Same Day No Mistake.
* Cancellation conditions vary depending on the fare type.
^ Credit vouchers are issued based on the terms and conditions of the original fare purchased, and can only be used towards a fare of equal or higher value. Domestic travel must be completed within 12 months of the original ticket issue date. International travel must commence within 12 months of the original ticket issue date. Credit vouchers are not transferrable, and cannot be redeemed on Multi city, Round the World and Jetstar flight bookings. More information on credit vouchers.