Back to Business Competition
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 2584) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am on 2 February 2015 and closes at 11:59pm on 31 March 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australia based persons who are aged 18 or over and are travelling for business purposes for a business that is registered with Aquire, Qantas Business Direct or the American Express Qantas Corporate Card Program (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
(a) Register for the competition online; and
(b) Make (an) Eligible Booking(s) and enter the ABN of the registered Business and the traveller's Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number if they are a Frequent Flyer member; and
(c) Spend at least AU$2,000 on eligible bookings for sale and travel between 2 February 2015 and 31 March 2015.
6. An Eligible Booking is a booking which includes at least one domestic or international flight which has a Qantas 'QF' flight number on the ticket that is purchased in Australia; is operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines; has a ticket number commencing with '081'; and is booked and travelled for business on or after the date the business has registered for Aquire, Qantas Business Direct or the American Express Qantas Corporate Card Program. Flights for leisure or holiday travel; for family members or other travel companions of eligible entrants; or other travel that does not have a business purpose relating to trade or commerce or the supply of goods or services are ineligible.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10. The draw will take place at 2.00pm on 27 April 2015 at 15 Grosvenor Street Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. There will be a total of 31 prizes (1 Major Prize, 10 Minor Prizes and 20 Runner Up Prizes). The maximum total prize pool value is AU$429,950, based on the recommended retail value as at 23 December 2014. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13. Each business can only receive 1 prize.
14. The first Eligible Entry drawn will receive the Major Prize. The Major Prize is a Qantas advertising package in terminal and inflight. Prize consists of a National Terminal Package (Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney) on the Metro Executive and Collect & Connect Network for a lunar period (28 days). The assets use will be subject to availability and the offer will be available for booking for 12 months from the date it is awarded. In Flight Entertainment component is main-screen 30 sec ad for 1 month on domestic morning flights (0600h to 1259h). The total maximum value of the Major Prize is AU$405,000.
15. The winning business or the authorised representative of the business must advise the Promoter by email before 27 July 2015 that they accept the Qantas advertising package.
16. Use of the Major Prize will be subject to availability and will be available for booking for 12 months from the date it is awarded. In redeeming the Major Prize, the winning business must provide advertising content that complies with the Qantas Airways Limited advertising guidelines. Content provided must not contain references to drugs or alcohol, must not be sexual in nature, must not be misleading or deceptive to the consumer and must not promote products or services that are deemed as competing products or services to Qantas Airways Limited. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any advertising content submitted by the winning business if deemed necessary.
17. There are 10 Minor Prizes:
(a) The next 10 Eligible Entries drawn (second to eleventh entries drawn) will each receive a Minor Prize. The 10 Minor Prizes consist of one Individual Qantas Club Membership each, valid for 1 year with a maximum notional value of AU$895. The Qantas Club membership must be redeemed by an employee, director, contractor or other employee traveller and must be used for business travel.
There are 20 Runner Up Prizes:
(b) The next 20 Eligible Entries drawn (twelfth to thirty-first entries drawn) will each receive a Runner Up Prize. The Runner Up Prize consists of 50,000 Aquire Points. Aquire Points can be converted to any Qantas Frequent Flyer account at a rate of 1:1. The maximum notional value of each Runner Up Prize is AU$800, based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer reward options (Awards) when redeeming the prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com/terms). For example, 50,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a return Economy flight from Sydney to Jakarta with a value of AU$782 (example as at 16 January 2015). Taxes fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the Qantas Points. Aquire Points may take up to 28 days from the draw date (or any redraw, as applicable) to be credited to the account of the Aquire Member.
18. The winning businesses must advise the Promoter by email before 27 July 2015 of the individual that they nominate to receive the Qantas Club membership.
19. The estimate of the maximum notional value of the total prize pool is provided for the purposes of information only. The maximum notional value of each prize may vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of each prize.
20. Aquire Points are awarded in accordance with and subject to the Aquire Terms and Conditions available at www.aquire.com. Qantas Club membership is awarded in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Club, available at qantas.com/terms.
21. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
A business must be an Aquire Member to earn Aquire Points. A join fee usually applies but this will be waived for winners. Aquire Points are offered under the applicable partner's terms and conditions and earning thresholds may apply. Aquire membership and Aquire Points are subject to the Aquire Terms and Conditions available at www.aquire.com.
Aquire Points can be converted to Qantas Points to any Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account at a rate of 1:1. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas Points.. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions available at qantas.com/terms. We recommend you consult your accountant or tax adviser to ensure you understand possible tax implications, for example fringe benefits tax (if applicable).
22. In the event the Qantas Points are redeemed for Award travel, the relevant winners should be aware that the number of Award flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Award seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Award travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Award travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
23. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
24. The 31 winners will be notified by email by 29 April 2015 and the winners will be published on qantas.com on 1 May 2015.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
25. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For the Major Prize, the winning business or the authorised representative of the business must advise the Promoter by email before 27 July 2015 that they accept the Qantas advertising package. For the Minor Prizes which are Individual Qantas Club memberships the winning businesses must advise the Promoter by email before 27 July 2015 of the individual that they nominate to receive the Qantas Club membership. Any winning businesses who have not provided the Promoter with these details by 27 July 2015 will forfeit the opportunity to nominate for these prizes and a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 10 August 2015 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by 12 August 2015 and the winners will be published on qantas.com on 17 August 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
26. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
27. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
28. The exclusion of liability in Clause 27 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
(a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
(b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Fringe Benefits Tax
30. Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this will be paid for by the employer of the recipient. The grossed-up value of a prize and any other Fringe Benefits the recipient receives during the course of the FBT year may be reported on the recipient's annual PAYG Payment Summary as required by taxation law.
31. Lottery permit number: NSW LTPS/15/00311 VIC 15/100, SA Licence No. T15/74, ACT TP15/00135