95th Birthday Domestic Sale Competition
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 3919) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am on 9 November 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) 16 November 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5. Eligible Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain consent from their parent or guardian to enter the competition and, if they win a prize, to redeem their prize.
6. To claim a prize, Eligible Entrants must be members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the Terms and Conditions (available at qantas.com/terms) If the winners are not already members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at AU$89.50, will be included in their Prize. To accept this part of the Prize, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (available at qantas.com/terms).
Entry into the promotion
7. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period
a. Book an Eligible Domestic Qantas Flight
b. Register the Eligible Domestic Qantas flight booking at qantas.com.
An Eligible Domestic Qantas Flight booking for the purposes of this promotion is a booking consisting of at least one one-way or return domestic flight in Economy or Business with the ticket starting with QF.
8. Classic Flight Rewards or Points Plus Pay - Flights bookings are not Eligible Qantas flight bookings that is, any ticket that is issued as part of a booking that Qantas Points are used partially or entirely are not an Eligible Qantas flight booking.
Multiple entries are permitted. Eligible Entrants will receive one entry per Eligible Qantas flight booking, irrespective of the number of people on the booking registered.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
10. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
12. The draw will take place at 2.00pm on 23 November 2015 and will be conducted at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 by MDSA (Drawer).
13. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. There are five prizes of 95000 Qantas Points (Prize) with maximum notional value of AU$8,164.50 each.
15. The maximum notional value of the Prize pool is AU$40,822.50 based on a sample of the Awards that could be obtained by redeeming the Prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program) as at 8 October 2015
16. The maximum notional value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only. The maximum notional value will vary depending on whether and how it is used. The maximum notional value for the Prize pool is correct as at 8 October 2015 but the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of the Prize.
17. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person unless permitted under the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (and only to that extent, if any).
18. In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner
19. If the winner is under 18 years of age, before they can claim the Prize they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian to do so.
Notification of the winner
20. The winners will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw, and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 30 November 2015 and qantas.com for a minimum of 28 days
Right of the Promoter to redraw
21. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 22 February 2016 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 29 February 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by 2 days after the draw and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper on 7 March 2016 and qantas.com for a minimum of 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24. The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
29. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/08296, ACT Permit No. TP15/07867 & SA Licence No. T15/1904