Qantas Australian Woman of the Year in the UK Award 2014
How to Enter the Award
1. Information on how to enter the Qantas Australian Woman of The Year in the UK Award 2014 (the Award) forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the Award by a nominee or nominator is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions by that person.
2. The Award is organised by Australian Business (UK Company Number 1974245) of Australia Centre, Strand, London WC2B 4LG (telephone number: +44 (0) 20 7099 8444) (the Organiser). The major sponsor of the Award is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 401 King Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9NJ (Qantas). The Organiser and Qantas, together, are the Award Sponsors.
3. Entries into the Award commence at 11am (GMT) 6 December 2013 and close at 5.30pm (GMT) 3 February 2014 (the Award Period).
4. Entry is open only to female Australian citizens aged 18 years or more residing in the United Kingdom during the Award Period (Nominees), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Award Sponsors and their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Award Sponsors and their related bodies corporate.
5. To enter, Nominees or people nominating Nominees (Nominators) must complete the online Award nomination form at qantas.com/auswomanuk during the Award Period.
6. The Award Sponsors are not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries or forms.
How the Award is Decided
7. There will be one winner of the Award. The winner will be selected using the details provided on the nomination form and information obtained through independent research by the Award Sponsors and on the basis of having made an outstanding achievement whilst in the UK through business or personal endeavours, the arts, sciences, professional disciplines, government, the community sector or any other field. The nominations will be considered by a panel of judges, who will make a shortlist of up to 6 Nominees, which will include the Award winner. It is intended that the up to 6 shortlisted Nominees will be profiled at qantas.com, after gaining permission from each shortlisted Nominee for their individual profile. Each individual profile will contain the nominee's photograph and biography, of 300 words maximum and to be supplied by the nominee. In deciding the Award winner, the panel of judges will review the Award nomination forms and any supporting documentation or material (whether provided by the Nominees or Nominators or not) for each shortlisted Nominee. The panel of judges is to be made up of representatives of the Award Sponsors. The decision of the panel of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. It is intended that the panel of judges will make its decision week commencing 10 February 2014.
9. The Award winner will be announced at the Award presentation scheduled to be held on 11 March 2014 at Exhibition Hall, Australian High Commission, London. Note: the date and venue of the Award presentation is subject to confirmation and may change. The winner of the Award will also be published at www.qantas.com/auswomanuk by 14 March 2014.
10. The Award Sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to declare any entry ineligible if the Nominee is unable to promote the Award in a satisfactory manner and in accordance with these terms and conditions. If the Award winner's entry is declared ineligible, the Award Sponsors may declare a supplementary Award winner at their absolute discretion, subject to any written direction under applicable law.
The Award Winner's Prize
11. The Award winner will receive one Qantas return International Business ticket from London Heathrow to either Sydney or Melbourne (Award Travel).
12. Award Travel is subject to availability. Bookings must be made and tickets issued by Qantas at least 14 days before departure. Bookings must be made by 31 March 2014. Award travel must be completed by 1 March 2015. Travel is not permitted between: 9 and 20 April 2014, 5 December 2014 and 18 January 2015 inclusive. Award Travel must be from London Heathrow to Sydney or Melbourne via the most direct routing (as identified by Qantas). Award Travel is valid on Qantas operated services only and is not permitted on codeshare or regional services operated by Qantas related companies. An upgrade cannot be purchased on Award Travel with cash or Qantas Points. Qantas Points cannot be accrued on Award Travel.
13. Award Travel does not include accommodation, flights, ground transportation, travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not specifically stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Award winner and their travel companion. Award Travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
14. Award Travel must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Award winner is unable to use Award Travel as stated. Award Travel is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Award Travel cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by Qantas. There can be no changes made to Award Travel once tickets are issued. If Award Travel is not used within the specified timeframe, Award Travel will be forfeited.
15. The maximum total value of the Award Travel is GBP£4,500 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. In the event that the Award Sponsors are unable to provide the winner with Award Travel, the Award Sponsors reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of equal or higher value. The Award Sponsors accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of Award Travel.
Award Winner's Promotional Responsibilities
16. Shortlisted Nominees will be notified by phone and/or email by 14 February 2014 and must attend the Award presentation scheduled to be held on 11 March 2014 at Exhibition Hall, Australian High Commission, London. Nominees must RSVP by one week after the date of their notification also providing their photo and bio for profiling at www.qantas.com/auswomanuk. Note: the date and venue of the Award presentation is subject to change.
17. Unless it would create a conflict of interest for the Award winner, upon the request of any of the Award Sponsors, the Award winner agrees to attend up to four (4) Award promotional events in the 12 month period after the Award winner has been selected (Promotional Appearance). The Award Sponsors must give the Award winner at least 14 days' notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance. In recognition of the Award winner's schedule, the Award Sponsors must ensure that the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance does not interfere with the Award winner's business or personal commitments. The cost of promotional appearances is deemed the responsibility of the Award winner. Most Promotional appearance opportunities will be in London.
18. During each Promotional Appearance, the Award winner agrees to verbally endorse the Award Sponsors in accordance with the instructions provided by any of the Award Sponsors.
19. During the 12 month period after the Award winner has been selected, the Award winner must not involve themselves in any conduct or activity that may harm the Award Sponsors, including the name and reputation of any of the Award Sponsors.
Collection of Personal Information in Connection with the Award
20. Qantas collects personal information in connection with the Award to:
a. coordinate and promote the Award;
b. assess the nominees; and
c. provide feedback on entries.
21. Those details may be used for promotional activity and in the following year's Award for a period of 12 months after the winner has been selected. For example, Nominees and Nominators may be contacted to invite them to participate in the following year's Award. The Award winner's details will be used in promotion of the Award and in the following year's Award.
22. The information collected by Qantas in connection with the Awards is:
a. for Nominees: names, e-mail address, phone number and biographical information provided by Nominators and obtained through independent research by Australian Business and may be sourced from both public and private sources; and
b. for Nominators: name, e-mail address and phone number.
23. Shortlisted Nominees will be contacted by Qantas or the Award Sponsors to:
a. confirm that they wish to remain in contention for the Award,
b. request that those Nominees provide any additional information that may be required, for example, testimonials, certificates, reference letters, and
c. confirm they agree to the competition terms and conditions.
24. Entry details, including copies of supporting documentation, remain the property of the Award Sponsors. If a Nominee advises that they do not wish to participate in the Award, then their personal information will be destroyed.
25. Personal information collected may be made available to:
a. Qantas employees, contractors, consultants in order to send email communications for example, if permission has been given for this purpose;
b. the Award Sponsors, who will assess the nominations and provide Qantas with a shortlist of candidates; and
c. the panel of judges who will review the shortlist and select the winner.
26. Nominators consent to Qantas or the Award Sponsors disclosing their personal details to any Nominee whom they nominated for the Award.
27. Personal information may only be made available to parties other than those listed above if Qantas notifies the person of the intended broader use of that information at any time prior to the broader use (and Qantas either does not receive a response or does not receive any objection to further disclosing within [five working days] of notifying the person), or specifically obtains consent for the use.
28. Nominees and Nominators consent to the Award Sponsors using personal information provided in connection with the Award for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the Award and to conduct marketing activities.
29. Unless otherwise required by law or otherwise set out in these terms and conditions, Qantas will not use personal information for any other purpose, and will not disclose personal information without consent.
30. Details of Nominees and Nominators will be kept for 12 months after the winner has been selected. Details of shortlisted Nominees will be kept for 24 months after the winner has been selected. Personal details will be destroyed after these time periods.
Other Important Information about the Award
31. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Award Sponsors and which prevents the Award Sponsors from complying with these terms and conditions, the Award Sponsors will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Award Sponsors reserve the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Award.
32. The Award Sponsors, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
33. The exclusion of liability in clause 32 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Award Sponsors in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Award Sponsors in the ordinary course of business; and Qantas' Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
34. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.