Aurora Spa Competition
Win one of three luxurious ASPAR packs by Aurora Spa.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Phone: (02) 96915925) (Promoter)
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 10am on Monday 4 May 2015 and closes at 5PM on Monday 4 May 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or older with a Facebook account (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period
(a) Log onto Facebook and visit www.facebook.com/Qantas
(b) Answer the following question in 25-words-or-less: 'What does your mum do to make home feel like home?' as a comment on the competition post.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communication network or any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Facebook account is held.
10. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with Facebook's Terms and Policies (available at http://www.facebook.com/policies).
11. The Promoter will not accept entries that it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
Judging of entries
12. Entries will be judged based on the originality, creativity and suitability of their responses to the question.
13. Judging will take place at 5pm on Monday 4 May 2015 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).
14. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
15. There will be three prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$735 based on the recommended retail value at the time of publishing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
16. Each prize is a bespoke ASPAR pack by Aurora Spa containing one 500mL mandarin and sandalwood hand wash, one 500mL patchouli and shea hand and body cream, one 500mL sweet orange and patchouli body cleanser, one 500mL sandalwood and bergamot revitalising shampoo and one 500 mL sandalwood and bergamot replenishing conditioner.
17. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The winner will be notified via a comment on the original competition post after the judging of entries on Monday 4 May 2015 at 5pm.
20. To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the notification by 9am Tuesday 5 May 2015 via private message on Facebook.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
21. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 9am Tuesday 5 May 2015 a second round of judging will take place at 10am Tuesday 5 May 2015 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner(s) determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by comment on the competition Facebook post at 10.30am Tuesday 5 May 2015. To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the notification by 10am on Wednesday 6 May 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24. The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
(a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business, and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
(b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
26. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
Entry details and privacy
27. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and entry of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.