Qantas and Emirates Anniversary Promotion
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 4412) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00.01 AEDT on 20 March 2015 and closes at 23.59 AEDT on 31 March 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents 18+ (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period, book and pay for in full, via qantas.com, via a registered/licenced travel agency or the Qantas Contact Centre, a minimum of 1 return economy, mixed (i.e. Business and Economy), business or first class ticket on an Emirates or Qantas coded flight with the international sector operated by Emirates or Qantas to Dubai or the online destinations which Emirates or Qantas fly to the United Kingdom and within Europe for travel that concludes by 28 February 2016 from the Emirates or Qantas Australian network ("Eligible Booking"). Eligible Entrants must then, during the Promotional Period, visit http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/anniversary-promotion/au/en follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including but not limited to their full name, telephone number, valid email address, Qantas booking reference number, answer the 25 words or less question and submit the fully completed entry form.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Individuals will be issued with a Passenger Name Record 'PNR' once the Eligible Booking has been completed. An Eligible Booking will entitle the Qualifying Entrant to 1 entry into the competition. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) only 1 entry permitted per Eligible Booking; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with these Terms.
Ineligible Bookings: For the avoidance of doubt the following bookings are not eligible for this Promotion and will not form part of an Eligible Booking:
Emirates or Qantas coded flights that do not have Dubai as a destination or that do not connect to the United Kingdom or Europe from Dubai.
Group bookings (i.e. bookings of ten (10) or more passengers on one (1) Passenger Name Record ("PNR").
Any Eligible Booking that is cancelled.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) 3 (three) entries shall be selected from all eligible entries validly submitted on qantas.com ("Winner"). The Winners will be selected based on the most creative responses to the questionnaire as determined by the Qantas Marketing Team located in Australia. The winners will be notified within two business days of the judging, via email and/or telephone using the contact details provided at the time of entering. The names of the Winners will be published on qantas.com on 17 April.
11) Judging will take place at 10:00 AEDT on 15 April at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).
12) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be three prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is up to AU$72,407, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) There will be three prizes for Eligible Entries on qantas.com.
15) Each prize includes:
- 2 (two) return business class tickets from the Qantas and Emirates Australian network to Paris. Flights must be taken from the winner's nearest capital city within Australia.
- 2 (two) one day match tickets to one match only at the French Open 2016 held at Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. Unconfirmed event dates are 22 May - 5 June 2016 with the exact dates being determined by Emirates.
16) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
17) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
18) Prize travel must be booked by 1 April 2016, depending on confirmation of event dates. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
19) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21) The winners will be notified by email or by telephone by 17 April 2015 and their names will be published on qantas.com.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
22) The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 15 May 2015 10:00 AEDT, a second round of judging will be conducted by the Adjudicator at 18 May 2015 10:00 AEDT at the same time and place as the original judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by 20 May 2015 and their names will be published on qantas.com on 21 May 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25) The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.