All the frills with Qantas
We believe airfares to Australia should be fair. That's why when you fly Qantas, our prices include all the frills. Not one of them, or some of them. All of them.
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or further, your fare will include your meal, drinks, movies and a checked luggage allowance. And Frequent Flyers, you'll love your Qantas Points.
Food & Wine
With Qantas you will enjoy a contemporary menu tailored to the time of day and presented on stylish Marc Newson designed tableware. You'll also enjoy premium award-winning New Zealand and Australian wines on all flights as well as our Bodum tea and coffee service.
On selected international flights beyond Australia, you'll be treated to a continuous refreshment service every 60-90 minutes and, to add variety, a third main meal option for long haul flights. On our A380s and refurbished B747s you'll find a self-serve snack bar.
Select on Q-Eat
In Premium Economy or Business, on selected flights, you can pre-select and confirm your in flight meal choice through Select on Q-Eat. If you're in Business, you can simply select the 'No Meal - maximise my rest option' via Select on Q-Eat, and our cabin crew will make up your bed directly after take off. A selection of refreshment items will be available for you to enjoy throughout the flight. The choice is all yours.
On our Tasman flights you'll enjoy over 300 entertainment options and when flying beyond to our International destinations you'll enjoy over 500 options on our smaller aircraft and over 1500 options on our A380s.
Entertainment includes the latest movies along with your favourite TV shows, radio stations, CD audio, destination guides, maps, games and a Kids Zone.
A checked luggage allowance is included with every Qantas fare. This allowance varies depending on your itinerary, the cabin your are travelling in and your Qantas Frequent Flyer status. For customers travelling from New Zealand in Economy your allowance to Australia is 30kilos.
If you already have a booking, you can find out your allowance at Manage Your Booking or through your travel agent. If you are about to make a booking, your baggage allowance will be available on the review page before payment.
With Qantas Frequent Flyer you'll find rewards on every journey.
You can earn Qantas Points^ on:
- Flights: When you fly with Qantas, Jetstar and over 35 of our partner airlines~.
- Hotels: Earn Qantas Points at any of our 70,000 partner hotels worldwide, from luxury five-star resorts to cosy B&Bs.
- Cars: Enjoy special rates and earn Qantas Points with Avis and Budget in New Zealand and overseas.
- Cards & Banking: Pay with a Qantas Frequent Flyer linked credit card to earn Qantas Points on eligible everyday spend.
- Travel Insurance: Take out eligible travel insurance policies with QBE Insurance Limited.
- Foreign Exchange: Use the expert services of the world's largest retail foreign exchange retailer, Travelex.
- Experiences: Book hundreds of premium and unique experiences in over 20 countries with Mr Aristotle.
You can use your Qantas Points on:
- Flights: Classic Flight Rewards * with Qantas, Jetstar and partner airlines or Points Plus Pay - Flights† using a mix of money and Qantas Points.
- Flight Upgrades: You may also use your points for a flight upgrade (if available) on Classic Flight Rewards from Economy to Premium Economy, Economy to Business or Premium Economy to Business and eligible paid and confirmed Qantas domestic and international flights. Upgrades are not available on some heavily discounted fares.
- Qantas Store: You could redeem your points in the New Zealand Qantas Store‡ on over 1,000 fantastic products and Gift Cards.
~ See the Airline Earning Table for eligible flights and earning classes. Qantas Points may not be earned on Classic Awards, some fare types or on some oneworld® alliance or airline partner flights.
* Qantas Points can be used to redeem Classic Award and Any Seat Award seats. These are available on selected flights, availability is limited and booking conditions apply. Additional taxes, fees and carrier charges may apply. For more information about Classic Awards visit qantas.com/classicawards and for Any Seat Awards see qantas.com/anyseat.
† Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of points you redeem above a specified minimum level and pay for the remainder of the fare with an approved payment card (including VISA, MasterCard or American Express) to obtain your Any Seat Award. Minimum points levels apply, are subject to change and will be quoted at the time of booking. All bookings made using Points Plus Pay are treated as an Any Seat Awards and Any Seat Award fare conditions will apply. Points Plus Pay is not available for Classic Award bookings.