Vancouver International Airport
- 15km (9 miles) from the city on Grant Mcconachie Way, Richmond.
- Qantas flights QF75/76 arrive and depart from the International Terminal Building.
- Codeshare flights operated by other airlines arrive and depart from the Domestic, USA or International Terminal, check with the operating carrier.
There are no ticketing facilities available. Contact Qantas Reservations on 1 800 227 4500 within North America for assistance.
Check in opens 4 hours prior to departure for Qantas operated services.
For Qantas codeshare flights, check-in with the operating carrier.
Online Check-in is available for Qantas international flights (QF1-199), and other eligible connecting flights operated by oneworld, partner and codeshare airlines. Online Check-in opens 24 hours before your flight departure and closes 2 hours before international flight departures.
View our real time Flight Status page for up-to-the-minute departure information.
All arriving customers must collect baggage and clear customs and border protection regardless of final destination.
Baggage carousels are located in the international arrivals hall after passport processing.
Information monitors display flight carousel numbers.
Baggage services are supplied by Swissport Baggage.
View our real time Flight Status page for up-to-the-minute arrival information.
Transfer between Terminals
The International terminal and Transborder terminal are located in the same building. A free shuttle bus operates between the main terminal and the South Terminal.
From Qantas International arrivals to Domestic connections
- Collect baggage and proceed to customs for Westjet passengers all destinations. Westjet connection counters available after customs clearance.
- For final destination checked baggage travelling on Air Canada, collect baggage and proceed to Air Canada connections direct from the baggage hall.
- For any other airline operated connections, collect baggage and proceed through customs and arrivals. Present with next airline at Domestic check in, USA check in or International check in. All check in areas are within a 10 minute walk.
USA arrivals to Qantas International departures with through checked baggage or hand carry only
- Follow signs for 'International Connections'
- Present passport and customs declaration to Canada Border Services.
- Follow signs for designated boarding gate in the International Departure area.
- Note: If arrival is before 9 am on day of travel, customers must follow arrival process to exit the terminal and check in as per local passenger
Domestic arrivals to Qantas international departures with through checked baggage or hand carry only
- Follow signs for International Departures and procedure to International Departures Level 3.
- Follow signs to designated boarding gate in International Departure area.
|Car||The airport is approximately a 20 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. Parking rates and charges can be found at yvr.ca.|
|Taxis||The taxi rank is located at the exit of the international arrivals area. The approximate charge to the downtown waterfront area is C$31, set zoned taxi fares can be found at yvr.ca.|
|Canada Line Train Service|| |
The rapid transit rail link leaves from the terminal building and is a 26 minute journey to downtown Vancouver or 18 minutes to Richmond centre. Follow the signs marked Canada Line for the station platform.
|Car rentals||All major car rental agents operate from Vancouver Airport and most operate a few steps from the terminal building. Agencies National/Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz and Dollar/Thrifty are located on the ground floor of the Parkade. Off site rental car company Enterprise provides a shuttle service from the terminal.|
|Hotel transport||Most airport hotels provide complimentary shuttle service from Vancouver airport. International arriving passengers will need to proceed to the green canopy outside of the arrival area of the international building.|
Airport Services & Facilities
|Toilets||Located throughout the airport.|
|Internet||Complimentry Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport.|
|Currency exchange||ICE currency offices are located in the international arrival hall and throughout the terminals.|
|Public telephones||Located throughout the airport.|
|ATMs||Located throughout the airport.|
|Tourism information||The welcome desk and full service arrival assistance is provided at the exit from the arrival area after customs.|
|Baggage Trolleys||Complimentary trollies are located in the baggage hall on arrival. Porter baggage services are available for a fee in the baggage hall.|
|Baggage Storage||Located in the Arrivals Hall (Level 2).|
|Meet and Assist||Passengers requiring assistance can be escorted to the departure gate upon request. Ask a Customer Service Agent for assistance.|
Book a flight to Vancouver.
Times and prices quoted are a guide only.