Check in for your flight on your mobile, tablet or computer using the Qantas app or online. It's all part of getting your journey off to an easy start.
On this page
Check-in using the Qantas app
Download the Qantas app and we’ll help improve every step of your journey with easy access to your boarding pass, seat selection and more.
Benefits of using the Qantas app:
- check-in with just a few simple taps and you’re ready to fly
- access your digital boarding pass from the home screen of the app
- be one of the first to know when check-in has opened
- receive real time information of your flight departure time, gate information plus baggage carousel details to collect your bags
- avoid traffic and know the fastest way to the airport so you’re never late again
- add your boarding pass to the apple wallet* (for Apple customers only)
- select your seat for your upcoming flight all at your fingertips
- know what your entertainment options are before your flight
- see what lounge access you have so you can relax before takeoff
- App check-in is currently only available for Australian domestic and trans-Tasman bookings. International check-in coming soon.
Want to know how the Qantas app can make travel easier?
Download it today
Check-in on your mobile on qantas.com
If you're travelling on an eligible booking^, check-in on your mobile from 24 hours up until 30 minutes before your domestic flight leaves, or for international bookings from 24 hours until 90 minutes prior to your departure.
- Visit qantas.com on your mobile.
- Choose "Check-in".
- Follow the steps to check-in to receive your boarding pass.
- Retrieve your boarding pass anytime, via manage booking.
Check in online at qantas.com
First, check if your flight is eligible for online check-in.
All set? Follow these four simple steps:
- Make sure you're within the correct time frames. Online check-in is available from 24 hours until 30 minutes before the flight leaves for domestic flights. For international travel, it's 24 hours until 90 minutes hours before departure.
- Enter your booking reference and last name to find your booking. You can also do this through manage booking or your bookings if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer.
- Choose the 'Checkin/Print Boarding Pass' button, where your flight details are listed.
- Print and take your Boarding Pass with you to the airport.
Use mobile check-in if you'd prefer to have your boarding pass on your mobile device.
Travelling with checked bags?
Don't forget you need to drop your bags at least 30 minutes before departure for domestic flights and 90 minutes for international flights.
- Unaccompanied minors must check-in at the airport.
- Customers who have specific needs can use online check-in, however in some instances a boarding pass will not be issued until you arrive at the airport. See our specific needs frequently asked questions for more information.
You may find that your booking isn't eligible for online or app check in at the moment. We're working on expanding our international check-in experience, and updates will be posted here in the coming months.
Disclaimer: *Subject to Qantas Frequent Flyer status and class of travel.
Disclaimer: ^ Mobile check-in is not available at Lord Howe Island.
Disclaimer: ~ Online check-in is not available for flights departing Port Moresby.