Down Under Box Competition Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (+612 9691 0176) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time on the date stated. The promotion commences at 9:00am AEDT on 24 January 2019 and closes at 10:00pm AEDT on 26 January 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to residents of United Kingdom, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia and Hong Kong who are over the age of 18, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period comment on the Facebook promotion post and answer the following question within 50 words or less "Tell us why you or a friend would like an Aussie care package?"
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity.
11) Judging will take place at 9:30am AEDT on 29 January 2019 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter or other company as applicable (Adjudicator).
12) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be 45 prizes given away across the three regions (United Kingdom, Hong Kong & South East Asia). The maximum total prize pool value is AU $510 (£283, $2,866 HKD, $496 SGD), based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) Each prize is an ‘Aussie Classics’ Down Under Box. Each prize is of equal value at AU $35 (£19, $196 HKD, $34 SGD). The box includes:
- Tim Tams
- Tiny Teddies
- Caramello Koala
- ANZAC Biscuits
- Eucalyptus Drops
15) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
16) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
17) The winners will be notified on Facebook (the Promoter will respond to the original comment from the Entrant) by 31 January 2019. The Entrant will then need to Personal Message the Qantas Facebook page (Great Britain, Hong Kong or South East Asia) directly to claim their prize.
18) Once personal details have been sent to the Qantas Facebook page via Personal Message, Down Under Box will post prizes. Delivery of Down Under Boxes take on average 1-2 weeks to send around the world. Winners can expect prizes by Monday 18 February 2019.
Judging backup entries
19) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional five entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 2 February 2019, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by response to Facebook comment entry by 4 February 2019. The Entrant will then need to Personal Message the Qantas Facebook (Great Britain, Hong Kong or South East Asia) page directly to claim their prize.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
20) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
21) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
22) The exclusion of liability in clause 21 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
23) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
24) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
25) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.phpOpens in a new tab or window, and other related policies.
26) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.