Flight notifications terms and conditions
The following apply to notifications received after signing up for email or text message updates via the flight status search page.
1. You acknowledge and agree that you may receive a text or email message from Qantas at any time up to the arrival of the relevant scheduled flight.
2. Qantas flight updates will be sent to your mobile or email on the day the flight departs.
3. Qantas flight updates may not be sent if the delay or cancellation occurs close to the scheduled or previously advised departure time.
4. Eligible flights: Qantas flight updates is available for most Australian and New Zealand domestic flights operated by Qantas and QantasLink, Qantas International flights and codeshare flights with a Qantas flight number. It is not, however, available for:
a. Jetstar flights; or
b. Charter flights.
5. If a flight is cancelled or delayed and Qantas rebooks the passenger to another airline then Qantas flight updates will not be available in relation to the other flight.
6. Qantas flight updates does not cover flights booked through another carrier, even if the flight is operated by Qantas (for example, codeshare services). However where possible Qantas will send messages relating to those flights.
7. Qantas flight updates is not a guaranteed service. Qantas does not warrant or represent that all flight changes will be notified to those who have registered to receive Qantas flight updates. The service may be affected by a range of factors including technical problems and telecommunications network coverage and availability. Users whose mobile phone memory is full may not receive messages from Qantas flight updates. We recommend that passengers always arrive at the airport at the advised time prior to scheduled departure.
8. If you wish to cancel Qantas flight updates, update your details on the flight status page or contact your local Qantas office if you have a booking.
9. If you want to contact Qantas from within Australia you should call 13 13 13. If you are outside Australia you should contact your local Qantas office. The phone number that accompanies your flight updates is not attended.
10. In order to receive SMS messages you must ensure that your contact details have been correctly registered, your phone is switched on and able to receive text messages and you are located within the coverage area of your mobile phone service provider.
11. In order to receive SMS messages outside the country in which your phone is registered you must ensure that your mobile phone is activated for global roaming and that your mobile carrier has a global roaming agreement in place at your location.
12. Qantas flight updates via text message are offered in conjunction with SingTel Optus Pty Ltd ABN 90 052 833 208
13. Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901), its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with the use of the Qantas flight updates service, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.