Competition terms and conditions
- Entry into the ‘Win a share of 1 Million Qantas Points’ (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on Monday 19 April 2021 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on Wednesday 19 May 2021. (Promotion Period).
- The Promotion is a game of chance.
The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW Australia 2020 (Telephone: 13 11 31) (Promoter).
- Entry into the promotion is open only to New Zealand residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members 18 years of age or older with a valid email address, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of each entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process or who otherwise does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
How to Enter
- To enter;
- Eligible Entrants will automatically receive one entry into the competition when they successfully convert 1c-per-litre AA Smartfuel discount into 15 Qantas Points, between 19 April 2021 and 19 May 2021. Entry into the promotion is automatic and free upon conversion. Each 1c per-litre AA Smartfuel discounts equals one entry into the draw. There is no maximum number of entries into the draw.
- To earn Qantas Points with AA Smartfuel, you must be a member of AA Smartfuel and select Qantas Frequent Flyer as your rewards partner. You can choose to turn your AA Smartfuel discounts into Qantas Points on a one-time basis or set them to automatically convert on an ongoing basis. You will earn 15 Qantas Points per 1c AA Smartfuel discount you accumulate. Points will be credited within 72 hours of your fuel discounts converting to Qantas Points. See AA Smartfuel website for full terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter is offering Entrants the chance to win one (1) of twenty-five (25) identical Prizes. Each prize consists of forty thousand (40,000) Qantas Points. The first 25 Eligible Entries drawn will be the prize winners.
- The maximum notional value of each Prize is $1,235 with a total prize pool of $30,889
- Each winner will receive a 40,000 Qantas Points prize. Value based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The estimate of maximum notional value of each 40,000 Qantas Points prize is provided for information purposes only and will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a Prize Winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize. The Prize value is in Australian Dollars. For example, 18,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a one way Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to Auckland plus AU$162 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 6 April 2021. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$718 including taxes fees and carrier charges. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Drawing of entries
- Qantas Frequent Flyer will draw a total of 25 winners after the completion of the promotion, on Monday 24 May 2021.
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Notification of the winner
- The Winners will be notified by email within 7 business days of the draw and their names will be published on https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/frequent-flyer/member-offers/aasmartfuel-competition.html from Monday 24 May 2021 for a period of 28 days.
- Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed Qantas Frequent Flyer will select another entrant from the remaining entries.
- The 40,000 Qantas Points prize will be credited to the Prize Winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 7 weeks of acceptance of the prize.
- The Promoter is not responsible thereafter for the manner in which the Qantas Points are credited or any characteristics of those points. Qantas Points awarded must be redeemed, in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The redemption of each prize is subject to the availability of Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- In the event that a Qantas Point Prize is redeemed for reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
Other Matters Relating to the Promotion
- If a Prize or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Prize Winner is liable for payment of such tax.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to State legislation and (if required) the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value and the Prize Winner will be notified accordingly.
- Acceptance of the Prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the Prize Winners’ details, voice, image, likeness and photographs for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes on the Promoter’s website or in other forms of social media or on other websites or in any other media used by the Promoter for an indefinite time without any further attribution, reference, payment or other compensation to the Prize Winner.
- Each Entrant must comply with any requirements for the use of Facebook, and his/her Facebook account. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for prize notification, competition related announcements and the Promoter’s communications. By entering into this Promotion you agree to release Facebook from any or all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way:
- out of the Promotion; or
- without limiting clause 12(2)(a), out of: (i) any technical difficulties, equipment malfunction, any delayed email, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website (whether or not under the Promoter or its related bodies corporates’ control); (ii) any theft, destruction, unauthorised access or third party interference of entries under this Promotion; (iii) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or its related bodies corporate; (iv) any tax liability incurred by a Prize Winner or Entrant; or (v) use of a Prize.
- Subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate all or part of the Promotion, or disqualify and prohibit further participation in this Promotion, in the event that any portion of this Promotion is compromised by a virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, hackers or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion for administrative reasons or to ensure efficient operation of the Promotion. Changes will be posted on the Promoter’s website at https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/frequent-flyer/member-offers/aa-smartfuel-competition-terms.html.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any one of these Terms and Conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any Entrant or Prize Winner or other person.
- The laws of the State where an Entrant is based apply to this Promotion.