Travelling to Australia
Eligibility and requirements when coming to Australia.
Last updated: 7 September 2022
This information is subject to change. Check government websites frequently for the latest travel updates.
Before travelling to Australia, we recommend you check the latest health advice from the Australian GovernmentOpens external site in a new window, plus the states or territories you're travelling to, including any public health and social measures such as testing and isolation, wearing masks, and vaccination requirements in high-risk locations.
1. Check if you're eligible to travel
- All Australian Government COVID-19 travel restrictionsOpens external site in a new window have been lifted.
- Check you meet all other Australian Government entry requirementsOpens external site in a new window.
- If your itinerary includes travel with another airline, or Qantas codeshare flights which are operated by another airline on their aircraft, you'll need to contact them directly to understand and meet their requirements.
- Some countries have restrictions around transiting. If you're transiting via another country or onto another international flight, ensure you check the requirements of your transiting and destination country to ensure their Government allows you to transit.
2. Check local requirements
Ensure you check the latest public health advice for the states or territories you're travelling to, and adhere to any local health restrictions and social measures in place.
This may include testing and isolation requirements, wearing masks in certain settings such as public transport, or showing proof of vaccination in high-risk locations.
Refer to the government websites below for the latest information in each jurisdiction: