Make a long weekend of it and enjoy the hip inner city suburbs and attractions or use it as a springboard to explore the beauty of New Zealand's North Island.
Auckland is New Zealand's largest city and main transport hub, but it's more than just a city. Stopover and enjoy the shopping, dining and natural wonders on offer. From wineries and beautiful beaches to a range of adventures, Auckland is a city that won't disappoint. Get ready to live like a local, and leave as a friend.
Auckland offers visitors a cosmopolitan city buzz that is blended with old world charm. There is plenty to see and do.
- Climb Mount EdenOpens external site in a new window at sunrise or sunset and take in panoramic views from the highest natural point in Auckland
- Sample the food and culture of Waiheke IslandOpens external site in a new window just a 35 minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland
- Enjoy one of Auckland's famous beaches; Mission BayOpens external site in a new window, Takapuna BeachOpens external site in a new window, MaraetaiOpens external site in a new window and OmanaOpens external site in a new window regional park
- Auckland is known as the 'City of Sail', enjoy exploring its Westhaven marinaOpens external site in a new window which has plenty of yachts to admire
- Explore Auckland with a local Maori who will guide you around the city and region informing you of the history, places and people
- Climb to the top of Auckland Harbour BridgeOpens external site in a new window with a professional guide.
Enjoy city sophistication mixed with award-winning food and wine, and stunning natural beauty in the harbour city of Auckland.
Head north of Auckland and discover the ultimate laid-back lifestyle, where award-winning food and wine can be enjoyed and the sea is your constant companion.Visit beautiful Waiheke IslandOpens external site in a new window, also known as 'the island of wine'. Just a 35-minute ferry ride across the harbour from downtown Auckland brings you to boutique wineries and vineyards, complemented by award-winning restaurants, handmade specialty foods, olive oils and locally grown produce.
MatakanaOpens external site in a new window is a very small wine region less than an hour's drive from Auckland and is known for producing premium wines.
Villa Maria EstateOpens external site in a new window is New Zealand's most awarded winery and proudly family owned and run. Close to Auckland International airport with attractive surroundings offering harbour and Auckland city views.
Want an adventure out in the wilderness? With such diverse scenery, Auckland offers a range of day walks all within a drive or ferry away from the CBD.
With a short ferry ride to Rangitoto Island you can be hiking the dormant volcano on the Rangitoto Summit TrackOpens external site in a new window.
If you're looking for wild rugged beach walks shaded by native bush, then west of Auckland offers Waitakare Ranges and the Te Henga WalkwayOpens external site in a new window.
PhiaOpens external site in a new window is a popular surf beach with the locals especially in summertime. The beach is scenic with black sand and dramatic rugged cliffs try abseiling down the Phia canyon.
New Zealand Dollar (NZD$)
230V / 50 Hz
In summer (December to February) temperatures average 23°C while in winter (June to August) the average is a chilly 14°C. Autumn falls between March and May and spring between September and November.
Getting from the airport
There are a number of options getting from the airport to Auckland city or Manukau city including bus, shuttle and taxi servicesOpens external site in a new window.
In and around the city
With so much to do in Auckland how you get around is important. Several passenger and vehicle ferriesOpens external site in a new window offer services between the North, South and other islands.
Your flight with Qantas
Find out more about flights to Auckland.
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
Enjoy our on-demand inflight entertainment in every seat, with the latest movie releases, TV shows, music and more.
Disclaimer: ^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.