Simple, flexible and easy to use.
A Qantas TravelPass is a virtual card that may be issued when you request a Flight Credit for an eligible booking. Once your TravelPass is issued, you'll receive an email outlining your TravelPass number, expiry date and important information about its use.
Your TravelPass is powered by UATP, and can be used exclusively with Qantas for:
- flight bookings,
- travel products booked with Qantas, such as an extra baggage allowance and seat selection,
- multiple bookings, so you don't have to use the entire value at one time, and
- any number of passengers, even those not on your original booking.
You can also check your balance and track your transaction activity online at any time.
Your TravelPass can be used like any pre-paid card for your flight booking payment.
- Book your flight on this website.
- On the 'Payment' page, select the 'TravelPass and Credit' option on the payment panel and enter your details.
Note: if your booking includes insurance or carbon offset, you won’t be able to use your Qantas TravelPass to pay.
- No card payment fees apply when paying with your TravelPass online.
- If your new booking is more than the balance of your TravelPass, you can pay the balance with another card type. A card payment fee may apply to the balance. For more information on using multiple forms of payment, visit Payment options.
- Alternatively, you can make your booking through your local Qantas office, however booking fees may apply.
Before booking, ensure you check the latest Government travel requirements, which may include mandatory health declarations, vaccinations, use of face masks, entry permits, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), or you could be denied entry.
- If you try to use more than one TravelPass to pay for your booking, and your transaction is declined due to insufficient funds on one of the cards, there'll be a hold on your funds for the other card pending authorisation. To release this hold, contact your local Qantas office.
- Your TravelPass is valid until the expiry date shown. Book by 31 December 2023. At any point Qantas travel can be booked up to a maximum of 353 days in advance, which reflects system range. On 31 December 2023, this will mean travel can be booked up to 19 December 2024.
- Your TravelPass can be used as a form of payment through Qantas: on qantas.com or through your local Qantas office (booking fees may apply).
- The fare conditions from your original booking no longer apply once you've converted your flight booking or Flight Credit to a TravelPass. Any remaining value on your TravelPass not used before the expiry date is non-refundable and will be forfeited (except in certain limited circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law).
- Your TravelPass is non-transferable and may not be sold, traded or bartered.
- Your TravelPass is non-returnable and may not be redeemed for cash, cheque or credit, except where required by law.
- Your TravelPass is issued in the currency as displayed. If you'd like to use your credit for a booking in another currency, you may be charged a currency conversion fee.
- Your TravelPass is issued in the name of the person who paid for the original booking and will be emailed to the primary booking contact provided at the time of booking. It’s your responsibility to obtain the consent of the person who paid for the original booking to convert your flight booking or Flight Credit to a TravelPass.
- Except where prohibited by law, we may, at our discretion for reasons including but not limited to mistaken issuance, fraudulent use or breach of these terms and conditions, cancel, void, reject, modify or reissue a TravelPass.
- Your TravelPass will not be accepted as a form of payment if the TravelPass number is invalid or cannot be identified.
- Your TravelPass is valuable. It's important to keep these details safe and secure. We're not liable for the loss or theft of a TravelPass or the unintended use of a TravelPass by a person other than the recipient. If you lose your TravelPass details, contact your local Qantas office as soon as possible.
From time-to-time, there may be special offers available for the TravelPass and its use. These offers are unique and may be promoted by either phone or email to individual customers.