Select your seat
Whether you like the window seat, prefer the aisle, or want some space to stretch out, we’ve got the information you need to know when requesting your seat.
On this page
Standard seat selection is complimentary if you're:
- travelling on any Qantas operated domestic service,
- travelling internationally in Economy on a Saver or Flex fare,
- travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy,
- Platinum One, Platinum, Gold or Silver Qantas Frequent Flyers or equivalent oneworld and Emirates Skywards Frequent Flyers,
- travelling on an Economy Classic Flight Reward, or
- on the same booking and travelling with any of the above mentioned travellers.
Seat selection is available for a charge if you're travelling in international Economy on sale fares.
Extra legroom seats
Travelling in Economy and want some additional space? Choose one of our extra legroom seats. Availability is limited, so make sure you reserve your seat early and relax knowing you'll have some extra room onboard.
Check you meet the requirements and additional conditions for exit row seating before selecting one.
Extra Legroom seats are complimentary for Platinum One members.
Want to make sure that you're seated in the forward half of the cabin? Choose one of our preferred seats and enjoy sitting towards the front of the Economy cabin.
Preferred seats are complimentary for Platinum One, Platinum and Gold members.
View the terms and conditions.
Seat with Bassinet
Travelling with an infant? You can now choose your seat online inclusive of a bassinet option, so you and your family can travel together with added comfort.
To be eligible to select a Seat with Bassinet, the infant:
- must be booked and travelling with an adult (parent or guardian), and
- must be less than 2 years of age, weigh less than 11kg and be able to lie flat in the bassinet at the time of travel. (Bassinets on Qantas operated flights are approximately 71cm long, 31cm wide and 26cm deep.)
If your infant doesn’t comfortably fit within the specifications of a bassinet, they must travel in the lap of the adult travelling with them. In this situation, you may be moved from your Seat with Bassinet to accommodate other customers travelling with infants.
Seat with Bassinet is available for a charge for customers travelling in international Economy and is complimentary for customers travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy on flights operated by an A380 or A330 aircraft. To select your seats, visit Manage booking.
View full terms and conditions for seat selection.
Seat selection cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
Disclaimer: + You can select your seat on all Qantas operated flights (excluding select regional services).