Travel to Fiji
Travelling has changed, and you may need to do a little more planning and preparation before take-off. Ensure you check and comply with all airline and government travel requirements before arriving at the airport.
Last updated: 6 September 2022
On this page
Before booking and before departure, ensure you check the latest FijiOpens external site in a new window and AustralianOpens external site in a new window government conditions for travel, including any applicable Australian state government restrictions and requirements, which may include mandatory travel and health declarations, vaccinations, use of face masks, and immigration and entry requirements (which may include renewing your passport, or applying for a visa), or you could be denied entry.
Some countries have restrictions around transiting. If you're transiting via another country or onto another international flight, ensure you check the requirements of your transiting and destination country to ensure their Government allows you to transit.
If your itinerary includes travel with another airline, or Qantas codeshare flights which are operated by another airline on their aircraft, you'll need to contact them directly to understand and meet their requirements.
This information is subject to change and we recommend you check these websites frequently for any updates.
If you're fully vaccinated
Before departure you'll need to:
- Provide proof of vaccination. All travellers above the age of 16 years old must show evidence of being fully vaccinated as defined by the Fijian GovernmentOpens external site in a new window, which means completing a full course of a recognised COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 full days prior to travel. Exceptions apply for travellers:
- under the age of 16 years; or
- unable to be vaccinated due to approved medical reasons.
- Purchase a valid travel insurance policy if you’re a foreign national visiting Fiji. It’s mandatoryOpens external site in a new window that you are covered for COVID-19 related medical expenses in Fiji. You may be asked to show evidence. If you're an Australian or New Zealand resident, Qantas Travel Insurance may be able to provide the cover that is required. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determination (Australia) or Policy Document (New Zealand) available on our website. Issuer: Pacific International Insurance.
All other passengers
Fiji is open to fully vaccinated travellers, with limited exceptions. Check the Fijian GovernmentOpens external site in a new window website for more information.
If you cannot be vaccinated for approved medical reasons, you'll need to submit your exemption documents to us prior to departure, and you may be required to show evidence of a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result at the airport.
If you're unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or you return a positive pre-departure COVID-19 test result, you may still be able to travel with us in some circumstances:
- Vaccination exemptions: You can request a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition that prevents you from being vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine. You'll also be required to show proof of a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test when you check-in.
- Prior positive medical clearance: If you've previously had a COVID-19 infection, you may be able to apply for medical clearance based on a past positive infection, provided you're no longer infectious and don’t have any symptoms. Check the government requirements to see if they permit exceptions for past positive infections, for any countries you're travelling to or transiting through, before submitting your request to us.
See more information on how to request COVID-19 vaccination exemptions and past positive medical clearance.
Keep up to date with the latest requirements
It’s important to continue to check the relevant government websites for the latest travel requirements, as these may change closer to your departure date and more information may become available.
- Australian GovernmentOpens external site in a new window
- Fiji GovernmentOpens external site in a new window
Inflight and airport services
Find out about any changes to your airport and inflight experience.
See inflight and airport services for more information.