On this page
- Peak season starts two weeks before Christmas Day and you could expect congestion and traffic in and around the airport so allow extra time.
- Immigration has a special APEC lane/s that are available to eligible passport holders while E-Gates (Self Service) are provided to qualified Philippine passport holders and you must present your boarding pass with 3D image code to use this service.
- Baggage trolleys are free at the baggage hall but are limited.
- Airport transfer shuttle or the coupon taxis outside arrivals at Bay 5 are available to Terminals 1, 2, and 4.
- Heavy traffic leading to NAIA Terminal 3 is expected, so be sure to leave plenty of time on your way to the airport.
- Philippine Travel Tax For Philippine passport holders who booked online and are making payment for the Philippine Travel Tax (PH), save the trouble of queueing at the airport on the day by paying online with TIEZA, or at selected SM Malls prior to your departure.
There are four terminals at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport the following operates from terminal 1 and 3:
- Qantas flights QF1-QF399 operates from Terminal 3
- oneworld airline Cathay Pacific and Qatar operates from Terminal 3
- Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan and oneworld airline Malaysia Airlines, Japan Airlines operate from Terminal 1
Located in Terminal 3 on level 2.
For ticketing and assistance contact the local Qantas office or the Qantas service desk at check-in counters when Qantas Flights are operating.
Check-in is located in Terminal 3 at Departures Level 3.
Passengers are advised to check-in at least 90 minutes before departure for Economy and 60 minutes before departure for Business.
Check at the Information Desk in the departure lobby or follow the Qantas signs to the check-in counters.
Check-in for Business, Chairmans Lounge, Qantas Club and oneworld Emerald passengers is available at a dedicated counter.
Online check-in is available for Qantas international flights (QF1-199), and other eligible connecting flights operated by oneworld, partner and codeshare airlines. Online check-in is open from 24 hours to two hours before departure for international flights.
For Qantas codeshare flights, customers may need to check in with the operating carrier rather than with Qantas. Ask airport staff for more detail.
At the boarding gate
Customers are reminded that an Australian Government liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGS) restrictions apply. Additional checks are conducted at the gate lounge with all liquids and gels over 100 mls not allowed to be brought onboard including bottled water purchased in the terminal. Duty Free can be purchased and will be brought to the aircraft by Duty Free Sales staff prior to departure (please retain the receipt for collection of Duty Free goods).
View our real time flight status page for up-to-the-minute departure information.
Immigration have dedicated counters for customers over 60 years of age and for families travelling with young children and infants. These counters are located to the right in the arrivals hall.
Baggage carousels are located in the arrivals hall on level 1.
Information monitors display flight carousel numbers.
Baggage services is handled by MIASCOR Ground Handling. A service desk is available beside the carousel.
View our real time flight status page for up-to-the-minute arrival information.
Transfer between terminals
There are 4 terminals at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Check the airlines operating and their respective terminals at Manila airport.
Those with international connecting flights within Terminal 3 must proceed to the Transfer Desk and pass through security formalities before going to the boarding gate.
All other passengers connecting to domestic flights in Terminal 3 and all other flights to Terminal 1, 2 and 4 must collect bags and clear Immigration and Customs.
Taxis operate between the terminals and travel time is 20 to 30 minutes. Fare is approximately PHP200.
Find out more about lounge features, operating hours and access to the Manila Terminal 1 - Associated Lounge (Manila lounge).
Take the hassle out of travel with a private car, coach or other transfer. Book online now.
|Car||The airport is approximately a 45-60 minute drive from Makati city and a 30-45minute drive from Manila.
Visit Manila airport for current car parking rates.
|Taxis||Fares start at PHP375 to Makati city and PHP345 to Manila.
|Buses||Operate to Makati city and Manila. The bus stop is located outside the terminal on the arrivals level.
Visit Manila airport for more information on routes available.
|Trains||MRT (Metro Rail Transit) and LRT (Light Rail Transit) trains operate from Baclaran to the city. Baclaran is located approximately 5km (3 miles) from the airport terminal.Services operate from 5am to 10pm and depart regularly.|
|Limousine||There is a limousine service counter in the arrivals hall after Customs. Prices start at PHP2,200 to Makati City and Manila.|
To learn more about other airports you're departing from, or flying to, including arrival and departure hall locations, lounge availability, transport connections and more.Back to Airport guides
Information correct as of October 2018. Times and prices are a guide only.