Check availability at Mercure Catania Excelsior
Deluxe Twin Room, Multiple Beds, Balcony
Superior Double Room, 1 Double Bed, Balcony, View
Superior Twin Room, 2 Twin Beds, Balcony, View
Standard Twin Room, Multiple Beds, View
Grand Suite, 1 Double Bed, Balcony
About this property
With a stay at Mercure Catania Excelsior, you'll be centrally located in Catania, within a 10-minute drive of Via Etnea and Catania Port. This 4-star hotel is 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from Catania Beach and 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from Catania Cathedral.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 176 guestrooms featuring minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. Additional features at this hotel include babysitting/childcare (surcharge) and wedding services.Dining
Stop by the hotel's restaurant, Le Zagare, for lunch or dinner. Dining is also available at the coffee shop/café, and room service (during limited hours) is provided. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Malavoglia Fountain - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Tribunale di Catania - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Via Etnea - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
La Fiera Market - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Piazza Roma - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Metropolitan Theater - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Cinema Museum - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Le Ciminiere Fairs and Convention Center - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Historical Museum of the Landing in Sicily 1943 - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Bellini Gardens - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Botanical Garden of University of Catania - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Roman Amphitheater - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Piazza Stesicoro - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
St. Agatha Al Borgo Catholic Church - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
The preferred airport for Mercure Catania Excelsior is Fontanarossa Airport (CTA) - 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- This property accepts credit cards; cash is not accepted
- Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed
- Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit, and window guards
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. Due to COVID-19, this property's food and beverage options may be limited pursuant to local regulations.
- All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport.
- Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 1999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-out is available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and also through room service.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 48 hours between bookings.
- The property affirms that it follows sanitization practices of ALLSAFE (Accor Hotels) guidelines.
- The property affirms that it adheres to the SGS (3rd party expert - Global) sanitization guidelines.
- This property welcomes guests of all sexual orientations and gender identities (LGBTQ friendly).
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city and is collected at the property in cash: EUR 2.50 per person, per night, up to a maximum of 4 nights. Guests exempted from the tax: Catania residents; exchange students; University students; children under 18 years of age; coach drivers and tour leaders for groups of at least 25 people (1 coach driver and 1 tour leader per group); disabled persons, patients, and their companions/helpers (max 2 per patient), subject to submission of proper documents to the property.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 10 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 15 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 30.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.