Royal Mail Hotel is located in the village of Dunkeld, at the base of the majestic Grampians National Park. Three hours west of Melbourne and an hour off the Great Ocean Road, this award winning property features a fine dining restaurant, casual dining area, recently refurbished accommodation and conferencing and wedding venues - all designed to capture the stunning beauty of the Southern Grampians.
Hotel rooms offer either garden or mountain views, private facilities, television and air-conditioning. An outdoor solar heated swimming pool with mountain views, courtyard, extensive native gardens and outside dining area.
Corporate retreat facilities with stunning mountain views cater for small to large groups.
The Mt Sturgeon property, located just 5 minutes from the hotel site offers alternative accommodation in fully restored 1840s bluestone cottages, ideal for a romantic getaway or quiet retreat. The working sheep station offers open fireplaces, marked walking trails and magnificent mountain views.
The Mt Sturgeon property is also home to the exclusive Mt Sturgeon Homestead, a six bedroom colonial homestead offering period furnishings and fittings, including gourmet kitchen, formal dining and sitting rooms and library. A secluded location surrounded by manicured lawns to the Wannon River, uninterrupted mountain views with walking trails leading into the Grampians National Park.
Complimentary transfers from the Mt Sturgeon property are offered for diners and guests have full access to hotel facilities.
Hotel activities include regular guided tours of the Royal Mail cellar, kitchen garden and native animal enclosures. Walking Maps provided to guests detail eight marked walking trails leading from the hotel and many native animals such as emus, kangaroos and wallabies can be seen on the trails.
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
- -Complimentary breakfast
- -Conference / convention
- -Gay friendly
- -Interconnecting rooms
- -Non-smoking establishment
- -Parking – free
- -Pets allowed, enquire on booking
- -Pool – outdoor unheated
- -Tea / coffee making
- -Number of restaurants -
- -Number of meeting/conference rooms -
- -Conference space
- -Outdoor seasonal pool
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Accessible path of travel
- -Accessible parking
- -Free WiFi
- -Babysitting or childcare
- -Room service (limited hours)
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Event catering
- -Audiovisual equipment
- -Parking onsite
- -Barbecue grill(s)
- -Exhibit space
- -Free parking
- -Self parking
- -Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Wedding services
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Free guest parking during stay
- -Breakfast service
- -Free self parking
- -Free outdoor parking
- -Free parking nearby
- -Air-conditioned public areas
- -Swimming pool - outdoor
- -Free Wi-Fi
- -Express check-out
- -Free on-street parking
^ Earn 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
* Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Businesses earn an additional 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on Crown Hotels offers. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
∼ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions
† Includes fees payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today’s exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by TripAdvisor