Skip Global Header to Content
Garonga Safari Camp
Minimum 5,000 PTS required
Choose your room
1 / 9
1 King Bed
431-sq-foot individually decorated room, balcony/patio with resort views
Internet - Free WiFi
Food & Drink - Minibar (fees may apply)
Sleep - Premium bedding, blackout drapes/curtains, turndown service, and bed sheets
Bathroom - Private bathroom, bathrobes, and a shower with a rainfall showerhead
Practical - Safe, iron/ironing board, and laptop workspace
Comfort - Daily housekeeping, heating, and ceiling fan
Enter your travel dates to get the price
Property LocationWith a stay at Garonga Safari Camp in Phalaborwa, you'll be in a national park, and 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from Makalali Game Reserve and 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate. This 4-star lodge is 29.4 mi (47.3 km) from Balule Game Reserve and 30 mi (48.3 km) from Boabab Tree at Leydsdorp.RoomsMake yourself at home in one of the 6 guestrooms featuring minibars. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.AmenitiesYou can experience a safari, and enjoy an outdoor pool. This lodge also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.DiningAt Garonga Safari Camp, enjoy a satisfying meal at the restaurant. Relax with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge or the poolside bar. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM.Business, Other AmenitiesFeatured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.AttractionsDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Makalali Game Reserve - 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate - 34.6 km / 21.5 mi
Balule Game Reserve - 47.3 km / 29.4 mi
Boabab Tree at Leydsdorp - 48.3 km / 30 mi
Qualito Craft Distillery - 50.1 km / 31.1 mi
Jessica the Hippo - 51.1 km / 31.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Hoedspruit (HDS) - 46.2 km / 28.7 mi
Phalaborwa (PHW-Hendrik Van Eck) - 53.6 km / 33.3 mi
Number of outdoor pools - 1
Number of restaurants - 1
Free self parking
Dry cleaning/laundry service
Pool sun loungers
Airport transportation (surcharge)
Spa services on site
Wheelchair accessible – no
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- Tax ID - 4050160284
- Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, and a first aid kit
- Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property
The front desk is open daily from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM. This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. To make arrangements for check-in please contact the property at least 24 hours before arrival using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests will receive an email 24 hours before arrival with check-in instructions. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. Due to gate closures, access to this property is not permitted 5:30 PM-7 AM from June through August and 6 PM-7 AM from September through May. This property is located in Greater Makalali Private Nature Reserve. The additional mandatory fee covers entrance to the reserve.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the lodge prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 12 years old and younger are not permitted at this property.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- The property is cleaned and disinfected using an electrostatic sprayer; disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F; guestroom doors are sealed after cleaning.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions.
- Contactless check-in is available.
- Enhanced food service safety measures are in place.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- This property affirms that it adheres to the cleaning and disinfection practices of Safe Travels (WTTC - Global).
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Destination fee: ZAR 380 per person, per night. This fee does not apply to children under 1 year of age.
- Additional fee: ZAR 240 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property.
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 3 percent
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
COVID-19 requirementsThis property may require proof of vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test or additional safety requirements. Check policies or contact the hotel directly for more information
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
* Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Qantas Points when booking hotel accommodation through qantas.com/hotels or holiday packages through qantas.com/holidays, using Points Plus Pay. Members cannot redeem points for additional charges paid to the hotel for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable). Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Qantas Points you redeem above the specified minimum level of 5,000 and pay for the remainder of the booking value with an Accepted Payment Card (including VISA, MasterCard or American Express). Points Plus Pay is not available for Classic Hotel Rewards. View full terms and conditions here
~ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions.
** Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
† Includes fee payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today's exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by
DestinationQueenslandNew South WalesVictoriaWestern AustraliaNorthern TerritorySouth AustraliaTasmaniaAustralian Capital Territory
We acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and fly.We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901