Platypus Park Country Retreat provides bed and breakfast and self-catering accommodation in Bridport, northeast Tasmania. Enjoy rural seclusion just minutes from sparkling beaches.
There is a choice of lodging facilities including self-contained family units, double spa cottages and a disabled access en suite room. Choose from one or two-bedroom family units with full kitchen facilities and spacious living areas. Spa cottages range from one to three-bedrooms and can sleep up to six guests. The spacious, warm and welcoming cottages are set in gardens overlooking the trout-stocked farm dams and river valley. The bed and breakfast option offers the best in warm hospitality.
Relax in a hot tub and watch the platypus at play in the pond. On crisp winter nights, warm up by a cosy wood fire. Tee off for a game of golf at nearby Barnbougle Dunes golf course. For lunch, borrow fishing equipment and catch trout in the dams to cook on the barbecue. Platypus Park is a great base from which to explore the local vineyards, lavender farm (best in January), Mt. William National Park, Low Head Pilot Station and the Rhododendron Reserve.
Bridport is just over one hours’ drive east of Launceston (87 kilometres/54 miles).
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
- -BBQ facilities
- -Book library
- -Disabled access rooms
- -Dry cleaning
- -Games / recreation room
- -Gay friendly
- -Interconnecting rooms
- -Free broadband in public areas
- -Free wi-fi in public areas
- -Internet computer
- -Guest laundry
- -Laundry service
- -Non-smoking establishment
- -Parking – free
- -Parking – on-site
- -Spa bath / jacuzzi
- -Tea / coffee making
- -Tour desk
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Pool table
- -Picnic area
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Half board rates available
- -Full board rates available
- -Free guest parking during stay
- -One meeting/conference room
- -Computer station
- -Luggage storage
- -Free Wi-Fi
- -Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- -Wireless Internet access - surcharge
^ Earn 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
* Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
∼ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions
† Includes fees payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today’s exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by TripAdvisor