Ormiston House is a federation mansion on the shores of Macquarie Harbour at Strahan, Tasmania.
Set amid more than half a hectare of landscaped gardens, with views over the harbour, it offers warm friendly hospitality and elegant accommodation; five splendid faithfully restored ensuite bedrooms.
Ormiston House is regarded as one of the finest examples of Federation architecture in Australia, built in 1899 by Frederick Ormiston Henry, Strahan’s founding father.
At Ormiston House you can relive the grandeur of a bygone era, it’s a beautiful example of stately Victorian living, resplendent with antiques, ornate ceiling roses and cornices, four-poster beds, deep claw-foot baths and cosy fireplaces. Fine period decorations and fabrics, together with lovely china, silverware and crystal add to the luxurious colonial atmosphere.
Relax and enjoy a port or liquor by a flickering fire in the lounge bar. Start your day with a hearty continental breakfast, explore the history gallery, observation deck and gardens.
Strahan is the gateway to the World Heritage Area of the Gordon and Franklin Rivers on Tasmania’s west coast, and renowned for its breathtaking beauty and majestic scenery. You can choose from river cruises, train tours, scenic flights, bushwalks, fishing, jet boating … No children under the age of 12 years
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
- -24 hour reception
- -Book library
- -DVD library
- -Gay friendly
- -Free wi-fi in public areas
- -Internet computer
- -Guest laundry
- -Laundry service
- -Non-smoking establishment
- -Not suitable for children
- -Office and business services
- -Parking – free
- -Parking – on-site
- -Room Service – limited service
- -Tea / coffee making
- -Tour desk
^ Earn 9 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Offer ends 11:59pm (AEST) Sunday 27 May 2018. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
* Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Businesses earn an additional 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on Crown Hotels offers. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
∼ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions
† Includes fees payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today’s exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by TripAdvisor