The Madsen offers stylish, waterfront bed and breakfast accommodation at Penguin on Tasmania’s north west coast.
The Madsen has superbly appointed rooms and all the comforts to make your stay memorable. There are five ensuite rooms and one suite. All rooms have queen size beds, free WIFI, tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones, internet access, mini bar, DVD player, and three of them have a spa bath and stunning waterfront views over Bass Strait. Some rooms have a day bed and sofa bed. Our superb Penthouse is 4.5 star and we offer a 2 night Penthouse package which includes French bubbly and champagne - relax in absolute luxury in the Penthouse, no need to get out of bed to open the automated curtains; luxuriate in the spa overlooking Bass Straight - for a special occasion or treat.
Take a stroll along the beach, visit the famous Penguin Old School Market, watch the penguins parade, just a short drive to many Tasmanian must see places such as the Cradle Mountain, Stanley or Sheffield with its murals, enjoy breakfast, lunch or a leisurely afternoon coffee in our alfresco café/restaurant or simply relax and enjoy the majestic view over the Bass Strait from your suite. The Madsen is 30 minutes from Devonport and Burnie airports and the Spirit of Tasmania ferry terminal.
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
- -BBQ facilities
- -Book library
- -Dry cleaning
- -DVD library
- -Gay friendly
- -Free wi-fi in public areas
- -Laundry service
- -Non-smoking establishment
- -Office and business services
- -Parking – street
- -Room Service – limited service
- -Spa bath / jacuzzi
^ Earn 9 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Offer ends 11:59pm (AEST) Sunday 27 May 2018. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
* Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Businesses earn an additional 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on Crown Hotels offers. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
∼ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions
† Includes fees payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today’s exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by TripAdvisor