Skip Global Header to Content
Check availability at Kestrel Downs
To view room prices at this property, please enter your stay dates.
Minimum 5,000 PTS required
A unique island property - this secluded coastal haven offers both close proximity to pristine beaches and also the opportunity to share the natural habitat of Kangaroo Island's native birds and animals.Settled lightly on the landscape, on 40 private hectares of ancient dune country - and next door to pristine Pennington Bay - Kestrel Downs offers a beautiful vista of waterways and islands - every window features serene sea and bushland views. Wake to dawn's light reflected in the ocean inlet of Pelican Lagoon; sit on the verandah and watch native fauna drink and bathe at the bird bath.This island retreat features spacious open plan living with Balinese furniture, polished bamboo floors and a sparkling new farm-size kitchen. Light and airy, it offers eco-friendly design features including solar power, surround verandah and pure rainwater throughout.Go bird watching, fauna spotting, swimming, beach combing, fishing, surfing - or just relax, drift away and enjoy the view.Kestrel Downs is the perfect base for exploring the island.SPECIAL FEATURES AND LAYOUT
- Excellent mobile network coverage
- Only 25 minutes from ferry and airport
- Just 7 km from restaurant, supplies and petrol
- Brand new, fully equipped, contemporary design kitchen with 700mm stove
- Polished bamboo floors throughout the 3 bedrooms (2 x queen, 2 x single)
- Quality furnishings
- Laundry and washing machine
- Freshly ironed linen and towels included in tariff
- Reverse cycle air conditioning and wood fire
- Solar power
- Tariff does not change for weekends
- Ample private parking
Onsite parking (free)
Guest to email owner on booking to obtain map and information regarding key location.Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
^ Qantas Frequent Flyer members will earn 3 Qantas Points per A$1 value unless otherwise specified, for hotel stays booked through qantas.com/hotels, except Classic Hotel Rewards and Airbnb bookings. Points Club members will earn 25% more Qantas Points, and Points Club Plus members will earn 50% more Qantas Points. Qantas Points will be credited to your account at least 8 weeks after check-out. Qantas Points may be earned by the member in whose name the booking is made. Members will not be able to earn points on additional charges paid to the accommodation provider for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable).
* Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Qantas Points when booking hotel accommodation through qantas.com/hotels or holiday packages through qantas.com/holidays, using Points Plus Pay. Members cannot redeem points for additional charges paid to the hotel for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable). Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Qantas Points you redeem above the specified minimum level of 5,000 and pay for the remainder of the booking value with an Accepted Payment Card (including VISA, MasterCard or American Express). Points Plus Pay is not available for Classic Hotel Rewards. View full terms and conditions here
~ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions.
** Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
† Includes fee payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today's exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by
DestinationQueenslandNew South WalesVictoriaWestern AustraliaNorthern TerritorySouth AustraliaTasmaniaAustralian Capital Territory
We acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and fly.We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.