Islington Hotel is an elegant 11-room 1847 Regency Georgian private hotel overlooking Hobart.
Each room has a distinctive character; there are seven downstairs rooms- two garden deluxe, four garden and a courtyard room, including a special services room configured for guests with disabilities. A number open onto the rhododendron and azalea gardens.
The main two-storey residence has four rooms, each decorated with Tasmanian antiques. The rooms are large with king or twin-bed options. The bathrooms have been modernised with crystal marble, special baths, separate showers, and a heated granite floor.
The grand entrance hallway extends into a library containing the works of Louisa Anne Meredith, known in the early colony for her writing and painting. There is a salon and a sunny morning room for relaxing and reading and on cool nights an open log fire crackles.
The central conservatory adjoins the country-style kitchen and opens onto a terrace. Beyond is the reflecting pool, pavilion and the grandeur of Mt Wellington.
Islington’s location in South Hobart, in one of the city’s oldest and established suburbs, makes it a perfect place when staying in Hobart; it takes around 20 minutes to walk into central Hobart.
2008 Tasmanian Tourism Award Winner: Luxury Accommodation
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
- -BBQ facilities
- -Book library
- -Complimentary breakfast
- -Disabled access rooms
- -Dry cleaning
- -DVD library
- -Gay friendly
- -Free broadband in public areas
- -Free wi-fi in public areas
- -Internet computer
- -Guest laundry
- -Laundry service
- -Public newspapers
- -Non-smoking establishment
- -Not suitable for children
- -Office and business services
- -Parking – free
- -Parking – valet
- -Porter / bell service
- -Room Service – limited service
- -Safety deposit box
- -Tea / coffee making
- -Tour desk
^ Earn 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
* Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Businesses earn an additional 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on Crown Hotels offers. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
∼ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions
† Includes fees payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today’s exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by TripAdvisor