Skip Global Header to Content
Most popular facilities
Use min. 5,000 points
Choose your room
Basic Twin Room
1 / 3
Basic Twin Room
4 Twin Futons
215-sq-foot room with city views
Layout - Separate tokonoma (alcove)
Relax - In-room massage available
Food & Drink - Refrigerator and coffee/tea maker
Bathroom - Private bathroom, shower/tub combination, bathrobes, and a toilet with electronic bidet
Practical - Safe, free newspaper, and iron/ironing board
Comfort - Climate-controlled air conditioning, daily housekeeping, and tatami floors (woven mat)
Accessibility - Wheelchair accessible
Enter your travel dates to get the price
Property LocationWith a stay at Ryokan Hirashin in Kyoto (Central Kyoto), you'll be steps from Nishiki Market and 13 minutes by foot from Kawaramachi Street. This ryokan is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from Nijō Castle and 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from Kyoto Tower.RoomsMake yourself at home in one of the 27 guestrooms featuring refrigerators. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.AmenitiesTake advantage of recreation opportunities such as karaoke, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. This ryokan also features gift shops/newsstands and a television in a common area.DiningJapanese breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM for a fee.Business, Other AmenitiesFeatured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a computer station, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby.AttractionsDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Nishiki Market - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Rokakkudo Temple - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Shijo Street - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Teramachi Street - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Kyoto International Manga Museum - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Pontocho Alley - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Kawaramachi Street - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Sanjo Street - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Mikane Shrine - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
Kenninji Temple - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Hanamikoji Dori - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Gion Tatsumi Bridge - 1.6 km / 1 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX) - 98.8 km / 61.4 mi
Itami Airport (ITM) - 50.5 km / 31.4 mi
The preferred airport for Ryokan Hirashin is Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX).
24-hour front desk
Dry cleaning/laundry service
Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- This property accepts credit cards and cash
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
- Up to 2 children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions; masks are required in public areas.
- Enhanced food service safety measures are in place.
- This property affirms that it follows the cleaning and disinfection practices of Coronavirus Guidelines (Japan).
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property.
- Fee for Japanese breakfast: approximately JPY 2200 per person
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
COVID-19 requirementsThis property may require proof of vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test or additional safety requirements. Check policies or contact the hotel directly for more information
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
* Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Qantas Points when booking hotel accommodation through qantas.com/hotels or holiday packages through qantas.com/holidays, using Points Plus Pay. Members cannot redeem points for additional charges paid to the hotel for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable). Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Qantas Points you redeem above the specified minimum level of 5,000 and pay for the remainder of the booking value with an Accepted Payment Card (including VISA, MasterCard or American Express). Points Plus Pay is not available for Classic Hotel Rewards. View full terms and conditions here
~ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions.
** Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
† Includes fee payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today's exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by
DestinationQueenslandNew South WalesVictoriaWestern AustraliaNorthern TerritorySouth AustraliaTasmaniaAustralian Capital Territory
We acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and fly.We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901