Check availability at Mercure Charlestown
Standard Room, Multiple Beds
Standard Twin Room, Multiple Beds
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Privilege, Room, 1 King Bed
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
About this property
With a stay at Mercure Charlestown in Newcastle (Adamstown Heights), you'll be within a 15-minute drive of Charlestown Square and Lake Macquarie. This 4-star hotel is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from John Hunter Hospital and 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from Newcastle Beach.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 53 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and minibars.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a terrace and a garden. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a television in a common area.Dining
Enjoy Modern European cuisine at Madison Kitchen + Bar, a restaurant where you can enjoy drinks at the bar/lounge, take in the garden view, and even dine alfresco. You can also stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Full breakfasts are served on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and on weekends from 7 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, dry cleaning/laundry services, and laundry facilities. Planning an event in Newcastle? This hotel has 538 square feet (50 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Charlestown Square - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Banksia Reserve - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Glenrock State Conervation - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Westfield Kotara - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Twin Creeks Reserve - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Carbeen Street Reserve - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Blackbutt Reserve - 3.2 km / 2 mi
Burwood Beach - 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
Dudley Beach - 4.6 km / 2.9 mi
Newcastle International Hockey Centre - 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
Awabakal Nature Reserve - 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
Bangalay Reserve - 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
Merewether Beach - 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
Bathers Way Trailhead - 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
Merewether Ocean Baths - 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
The preferred airport for Mercure Charlestown is Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) - 31.9 km / 19.8 mi
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- This property accepts credit cards, debit cards, and cash
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property
- Guests who may encounter issues with stairs should contact this property in advance. Elevators are not available.
The front desk is open daily from 6:30 AM - 10 PM. To make arrangements for check-in please contact the property ahead of time using the information on the booking confirmation. If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests must contact the property in advance for check-in instructions. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation. Due to COVID-19, this property's food and beverage options may be limited pursuant to local regulations.
- This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions; contactless room service is available.
- Contactless check-out is available.
- Enhanced food service safety measures are in place.
- This property affirms that it follows the cleaning and disinfection practices of ALLSAFE (Accor Hotels).
- This property affirms that it adheres to the cleaning and disinfection practices of Bureau Veritas (3rd party expert - Global).
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: AUD 1.00 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 20 and AUD 27 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 95 per vehicle (one way)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 20.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 30.0 per night
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 1.3 percent
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.