With a stay at Kaikoura Gateway Motor Lodge in Kaikoura, you'll be by the ocean, within a 10-minute walk of Kaikoura Museum and Kaikoura Beach. This 4.5-star motel is 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from Fyffe House and 3 mi (4.8 km) from Peninsula Walkway.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 20 guestrooms, featuring kitchens with refrigerators and stovetops. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include microwaves and electric kettles, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as an outdoor pool, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.Dining
Continental breakfasts are available for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
The front desk is staffed during limited hours. Event facilities at this motel consist of a conference center and a meeting room. Free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Kaikoura Museum - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Kaikoura Beach - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Fyffe House - 3.2 km / 2 mi
Peninsula Walkway - 4 km / 2.5 mi
Mount Fyffe - 9.7 km / 6 mi
Ohau Waterfall Walk and Seal Pups - 19.8 km / 12.3 mi
Ohau Point Lookout - 26.4 km / 16.4 mi
Okiwi Bay - 29.9 km / 18.6 mi
The preferred airport for Kaikoura Gateway Motor Lodge is Christchurch (CHC-Christchurch Intl.) - 179.5 km / 111.5 mi
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The front desk is open daily from 8 AM - 8 PM.
There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The seasonal pool will be open from November to March.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between NZD 16.50 and NZD 16.50 for adults, NZD 16.5 and NZD 16.50 for children (approximately)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: NZD 16.5 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Outdoor pool
- -Barbecue grill(s)
- -One meeting room
- -Outdoor seasonal pool
- -RV, bus, truck parking
- -Conference center
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Number of floors - 2
- -Total number of rooms - 20
^ Earn 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
* Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
∼ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions
† Includes fees payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today’s exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by TripAdvisor