You'll be centrally located in Wellington with a stay at James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor, within a 15-minute walk of St Paul's Cathedral and Carter Observatory. This 4.5-star hotel is 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from Te Papa (Museum of New Zealand) and 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from Old St Paul's.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 268 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, and LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and complimentary weekday newspapers.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).Dining
Grab a bite at Sojourn Cafe and Bar, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Need to unwind? Take a break with a tasty beverage at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are served on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10 AM and on weekends from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Wellington Central Business District - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Lambton Quay - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Wellington Cable Car (Lambton Quay Station) - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
New Zealand Parliament Buildings - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
TSB Bank Arena - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Frank Kitts Park - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Beehive - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Museum of Wellington City and Sea - 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
Wellington Waterfront - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Old Government Buildings - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Central Library - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Civic Square - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
City Gallery Wellington - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Victoria University of Wellington - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
City-to-Sea Bridge - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
The nearest airports are:
Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.) - 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
Paraparaumu (PPQ) - 52.1 km / 32.4 mi
The preferred airport for James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.).
Bed Types are requests only and may not be honoured at the hotel if availability does not permit.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The property is renovating its guestrooms until December 2020 (completion date subject to change). For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Parking height restrictions apply.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: NZD 32 for adults and NZD 16 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 50.0 per day
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Wedding services
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Free use of nearby fitness center
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -24-hour front desk
- -Concierge services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Free WiFi
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Fitness facilities
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Long-term parking (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Conference center
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Full-service spa
- -Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- -Number of bars/lounges - 2
- -Number of buildings/towers - 2
- -Number of floors - 14
- -Valet parking (surcharge)
- -Year Built - 1972
- -Total number of rooms - 268
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Luggage storage
- -Meeting rooms
^ Earn 6 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide until 11:59pm (AEST) 30 August 2019. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
* Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
∼ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions
† Includes fees payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today’s exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by TripAdvisor