Skip Global Header to Content
Sunshine Coast Hotels
This paradise region is called the Sunshine Coast for good reason. With sunny days and pristine beaches, this is the ultimate Queensland beach holiday destination. Plan your trip and look forward to spectacular beaches, epic surf breaks, eco-parks and exploring nature reserves in the hinterland.
Discover Sunshine Coast
An hour north of Brisbane sits one of the jewels of Australia’s heavily laden tourist crown. Just past Bribie Island, you’ll hit the beginnings of the appropriately named Sunshine Coast. Prepare yourself for 50 km of pristine coastline sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean and dense tropical hinterland.From Caloundra in the south to Noosa in the north, the Sunny Coast is a tourist mecca, all sun (obviously), sand and smiles. Compared to the hustle and bustle of Brisbane and the buzz of the Gold Coast, this part of Queensland has a distinctly laid back vibe. People come here to rest and relax rather than party and tour, although there are more than a few opportunities to do the latter.!Ready to book your Sunshine Coast adventure, but wondering where to stay? Qantas Hotels allows you to choose from over 200,000 hotel and accommodation options worldwide, with almost 200 on the Sunshine Coast alone. You’ll also earn 3 Qantas Points per A$1 spent* with Qantas Hotels.So whether it’s your first time in the area or your twentieth, let’s take a look at what you need to know about the Sunshine Coast and its hotels to make the most of your stay.
Places to see
What is the best area to stay on the Sunshine Coast?
- Noosa: The northernmost point of the Sunshine Coast, this is also arguably the most beautiful. Home to Noosa National Park and Noosa Main Beach, this is the ideal destination for nature lovers.
- Maroochydore: The beating heart of the Sunny Coast, Maroochydore sits on the banks of the Maroochy River as it opens out into the Coral Sea. Here you’ll find the area’s major shopping, transport and tourist hubs.
- Mooloolaba: Located just south of Maroochydore, Mooloolaba boasts a wealth of waterfront properties thanks to the development of the Mooloolah Marina area. Its famous beach is gorgeous, and a hive of activity.
- Caloundra: The Sunshine Coast’s southernmost town, Caloundra is famous for its beautiful beaches which wrap around the headland to Currimundi.
- Coolum Beach: A somewhat less touristy area midway between Noosa and Maroochydore, Coolum is a fantastic place to get away from it all.
What are the Sunshine Coast’s must-see attractions?
- Australia Zoo: The work of the late Steve Irwin and his family, Australia Zoo offers up close encounters with Australia’s most famous native animals.
- Noosa National Park: A stunning patch of green stretched across the hilly coast near Noosa Heads, the walking trails of Noosa National Park serve up view after stunning view.
- Glass House Mountains: The Glass House Mountains are a dream for photographers and hikers alike, where sharp, imposing peaks jut out from a dense, sprawling forest.
- Mooloolaba Beach: This wide crescent of sand is home to the famous Mooloolaba Surf Lifesaving Club, and serves up the ideal waves for beginner board riders.
- SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium: Just back from Mooloolaba Beach, this kid-friendly aquarium is loaded with amazing creatures and interactive exhibits.
Find the right hotel
What are the Sunshine Coast’s best hotels for solo travellers?Offering great value and absolute privacy, these hotels also offer ample opportunities to socialise should you want them. Check out Nomads Noosa, BreakFree Grand Pacific or The Mirage Alexandra Headland if you’re a solo traveller on the Sunshine Coast (and earn 3 Qantas Points per A$1 spent with Qantas Hotels while you do it!).
What are the Sunshine Coast’s best hotels for couples?Are you and your partner ready to use your Qantas Points to book your next getaway with Qantas Hotels? Romantic, secluded and luxurious, couples travelling to the Sunshine Coast could do far worse than experiencing the hospitality offered up by Narrows Escape Rainforest Retreat, Netanya Sunshine Coast and Blue Summit Cottages.
What are the Sunshine Coast’s best hotels for families?Heading to the Sunshine Coast with your tribe? The Islander Resort Sunshine Coast, Rumba Beach Resort and Sun Lagoon Resort Sunshine Coast are self-contained, family-friendly hotels that will ensure you are warmly welcomed and entertained.
Location and views
What are the Sunshine Coast’s best hotels for location and views?The Sunshine Coast is a gorgeous place, and you can enjoy it in all its glory if you choose to stay at The Point Coolum Beach, On The Beach Sunshine Coast Resort and Glass On Glass House - hotels that boast both an awesome location and stunning views.
What are the Sunshine Coast’s best hotels for amenities?Are you after a hotel that you don’t really need to leave? Between parking, Wi-Fi, bars, pools, gyms and entertainment, Mantra French Quarter, Coolum Caprice and Best Western Plus Lake Kawana Hotel provide an amazing in-house experience.
What is the best way to get around the Sunshine Coast?
Public transportThe Sunshine Coast public transport system is made up of bus and rail services. Trains generally carry passengers between the major centres, while buses are used for intercity and local services, hitting most of the popular tourist spots. You can plan your journey using the TransLink journey planner.
Private transportBesides car hire, rideshare apps are a great choice in Sunshine Coast. Uber is available, or you can use the Sunshine Coast’s taxi company, Suncoast Cabs.
Why book with Qantas Hotels?
Earn 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent^, or use points to book**
No booking fees
Frequently Asked Questions
On average a 3-star hotel on the Sunshine Coast costs $160 per night, a 4-star costs $240 and a 5-star costs $360 (be aware that these prices will be higher on weekends and at times of increased demand).
After the best of the best? Luxurious 5-star escapes can be found at Sofitel Sunshine Coast Pacific Resort, Peppers Sunshine Coast Resort and Villas and Spicers Tamarind Retreat & Spa.
The beginnings of the Great Barrier Reef can be found three hours north of Noosa near the city of Bundaberg, while Brisbane-and the Gold Coast, the state’s party and theme park hot spot, are located a short drive south.
New South Wales
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
* Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Qantas Points when booking hotel accommodation through qantas.com/hotels or holiday packages through qantas.com/holidays, using Points Plus Pay. Members cannot redeem points for additional charges paid to the hotel for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable). Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Qantas Points you redeem above the specified minimum level of 5,000 and pay for the remainder of the booking value with an Accepted Payment Card (including VISA, MasterCard or American Express). Points Plus Pay is not available for Classic Hotel Rewards. View full terms and conditions here
~ Saving is off the hotel's generally available rate for the same property, room type, days, inclusions and conditions.
** Businesses earn 1 Qantas Point per AU$1 spent on eligible Qantas Hotels worldwide. Eligible Qantas hotels excludes Classic Hotel Rewards. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for your business. Qantas Points are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply
† Includes fee payable in local currency direct to hotel. Prices in AUD are approx and based on today's exchange rate.
Hotel ratings and reviews provided by
DestinationQueenslandNew South WalesVictoriaWestern AustraliaNorthern TerritorySouth AustraliaTasmaniaAustralian Capital Territory
We acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and fly.We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901