Byron Bay Hotels
A hideaway for hippies, musos and Hollywood stars, Byron Bay is one of Australia's most popular destinations. With stunning beaches, great surfing, natural eateries and near-perfect weather, Byron is paradise.
Discover Byron Bay
Known as the quintessential Australian beachside experience, Byron Bay, resting on the northern border of New South Wales, is in a league of its own. The most easterly point on the entire continent, this is a place of beautiful weather, beautiful nature and beautiful people.Byron walks to the beat of its own drum, in more ways than one. The vibe is mellow here, making it the perfect destination for anyone looking for a bit of rest and relaxation. You’ll also spot more than a few alternative characters, drawn in by a town that tends not to judge. Artists, surfers, musicians and organic farmers make up a large chunk of the local population, giving it an active and creative reputation.Ready to book your Byron Bay adventure, but wondering where to stay? Qantas Hotels allows you to choose from over 200,000 hotel and accommodation options worldwide, with over 50 in Byron Bay alone. You’ll also earn 3 Qantas Points per A$1 spent* with Qantas Hotels.So whether it’s your first time to the city or your ninetieth, let’s take a look at what you need to know about Byron Bay and its hotels to make the most of your stay.
Places to see
What is the best area to stay in Byron Bay?
- Byron Beach: The majority of Byron Bay accommodation is found on the streets that follow the curve of the city’s main beach. This is the beating heart of the area, with cute cafes, beach bars and surf shops.
- Wategos: As you follow the main beach toward Cape Byron, the most easterly point of the Australian mainland, you’ll stumble across Wategos, a small patch of buildings secreted away from Byron proper. Stay here to enjoy a city stay without the city.
- Suffolk Park: A couple of kilometres south of Byron, neighbouring Suffolk Park offers all the perks of staying in the area, but without the touristy hustle and bustle.
- Byron Bay Hinterland: As you head inland from Byron Bay, you begin to wind up through densely forested hills. This is the Byron Bay hinterland, a stunning area that hides more than a few surprises.
What are Byron Bay’s must-see attractions?
- Byron Beach: All roads lead to Byron Beach. The area’s playground, this stretch of white sand is perfect for surfing, sun bathing and people watching.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse: Offering the best views of the town and surrounds, the Cape Byron Lighthouse is as beautiful as it is historic, and provides light to passing ships to this day.
- Cape Byron Conservation Area: Loaded with walking trails that offer up view after beautiful view, you can spend all day wandering around the Cape Byron Conservation Area.
- Tallow Beach: A wide expanse of sand that seems to go on forever, Tallow Beach is great for beachgoers who appreciate a bit of privacy. If you visit between June and October, be sure to watch for whales!
- The Farm Byron Bay: Grow. Feed. Educate. This is the motto that The Farm, a self-sustaining Byron Bay cooperative, lives by. Head here for the finest examples of paddock to plate dining.
Location and views
What are Byron Bay’s best hotels for location and views?Byron Bay is a gorgeous village, and you can enjoy it in all its glory if you choose to stay at Cavvanbah Byron Bay, Elements of Byron Resort & Spa and Beach Suites - hotels that boast both an awesome location and stunning views.
Find the right hotel
What are Byron Bay’s best hotels for solo travellers?Perfectly private and business friendly, these hotels also offer ample opportunities to socialise should you want them. Check out Hibiscus Motel, Byron Bay Hotel & Apartments and Byron Bay Sunseeker Motel if you’re a solo traveller in Byron Bay (and earn 3 Qantas Points per A$1 spent with Qantas Hotels while you do it!).
What are Byron Bay’s best hotels for couples?Are you and your partner ready to use your Qantas Points to book your next getaway with Qantas Hotels? Romantic, secluded and luxurious, couples travelling to Byron Bay could do far worse than experiencing the hospitality offered up by Victoria’s At Wategos, Abelia House and SummerHills Retreat Byron Bay.
What are Byron Bay’s best hotels for families?Heading to Byron Bay with your tribe? Outrigger Bay Apartments, Byron Quarter Holiday Apartments and Gosamara Apartments Byron Bay are self-contained, family-friendly hotels that will ensure you are warmly welcomed and entertained.
What are Byron Bay’s best hotels for amenities?Are you after a hotel that you don’t really need to leave? Between parking, Wi-Fi, bars, pools, gyms and entertainment, The Byron at Byron Resort and Spa, Byron Lakeside Holiday Apartments and Glen Villa Resort provide an amazing in-house experience.
What is the best way to get around Byron Bay?
Public transportByron Bay has a network of bus routes offered by Blanch’s Bus Company (paper tickets, cash only). For those who enjoy travelling under their own steam, Byron prides itself on its extensive network of bicycle and walking tracks.
Private transportBesides car hire, rideshare apps are a great choice in Byron Bay. Uber is available, or you can use GoCatch or Bolt/Taxify to hail a local cab. Always ensure that taxis are legitimate before hopping in.
Why book with Qantas Hotels?
Earn 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent^, or use points to book**
No booking fees
Search thousands of hotels across Australia and New Zealand
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do Byron Bay hotels cost?On average a 3-star hotel in Byron Bay costs $190 per night, a 4-star costs $300 and a 5-star costs $490 (be aware that these prices will be higher on weekends and at times of increased demand).
What are Byron Bay’s best hotels?After the best of the best? Luxurious 5-star escapes can be found at The Villas of Byron, 28 Degrees Byron Bay and Shambhala.
Where should I visit outside of Byron Bay?The ultra-alternative town of Nimbin can be found an hour’s drive inland (look for the cloud of odd-smelling smoke), while the famous nightlife and theme parks of the Gold Coast are just 100km north.