Terms and Conditions - Game of Skill
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited of 18/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre
No. 18 Harcourt Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong (telephone number: +852 22988187) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Hong Kong on the date stated. The promotion commences at 03:01pm on 26 April 2019 and closes at 11:59pm on 19 May 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Hong Kong SAR residents holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID) and aged 18 or above, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate
Entry into the promotion
5) Eligible Entrants need to log into their Facebook account on the dedicated minisite first. In the game, Eligible Entrants will fly a Qantas plane from Hong Kong to Sydney by dragging the screen down either with mouse or touch. On the way to Sydney, they need to search and collect three elements (i.e. the ‘Music’, ‘Light’ and ‘Ideas’ clouds). The Eligible Entrant who is able to collect all three elements and reach Sydney in the shortest period of time will win. If any entrants get the same score, the first one gets the best result will win. To complete the process, the entrants need to share their results on Facebook. There is no limit to the number of times they can play the game.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9) Browser compatibility includes:
a) Desktop (Firefox 50+, Chrome 60+, Safari 11+, Edge 17+)
b) Smartphone (iOS 11+ , Android 7+)
c) Tablet (iOS 11+, Android7+)
d) (*All IE and iOS Chrome are not supported)Judging of entries
9) The Eligible Entrant who has collected all three elements and reached Sydney in the shortest period of time will win.
10) Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
11) The decision of the Promoter over the result shall be final and unchallengeable.
12) There will be one winner. The winner will be awarded two Economy return tickets from Hong Kong to Sydney with Qantas.
13) The prize excludes GST and taxes. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and his/ her companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
14) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winner and his/ her companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
15) Prize travel must be booked 3 days prior to departure date. Prize travel must be completed by 30 June 2019. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
16) Travelling period of the prize travel is 24 May – 30 June 2019.
17) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
18) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
20) Upon notification, the winner must contact the Promoter and provide the requested (and valid) information via email within 3 working days after the announcement. Failing to do so, or supplying wrong or missing information resulting in the Promoter being unable to contact him/ her, will forfeit his/ her prize. The Promoter will take no follow-up action.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
21) The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 09:00 on 24 May, 2019, a second round of judging will be conducted by the Adjudicator on 17:00 on 24 May, 2019 at the same time and place as the original judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email via his/her Facebook account email address on 25 May, 2019. The decision of the Promoter/ Adjudicator shall be final.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and recording of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notify the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
26) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
27) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.