Booking changes and other options
Last updated: 19 May 2020
Due to high demand, we're experiencing some delays in call wait times and the processing of flight credits and other options.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website, contact these companies directly for assistance.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website (for example Webjet or Booking.com) for travel before 30 September 2020, contact these companies directly by 30 September 2020 to cancel your booking and request a flight credit or discuss other options.
If your flight has been cancelled by us
If we've cancelled your flight, wait to hear from us before changing your booking. We'll be contacting anyone whose flight has been impacted as soon as possible. You won’t be charged any change or cancellation fees.
If your flight hasn't been cancelled by us
We want to provide our customers with as much certainty and flexibility as we can, so we've now extended and simplified our flight credits for customers whose travel plans have been impacted.
If you're due to travel on a Qantas flight before 30 September 2020 and wish to change your plans, you can cancel your booking and retain the full value as a flight credit. Flight credits can be used for bookings and travel until 31 December 2021.
This is how it works:
- Flight credits must be requested by 30 September 2020.
- Flight credits are valid for booking and travel by 31 December 2021.
- When you’re ready to rebook, you’ll need to cover any change fee and any fare increase in your new booking.
- If you already have an existing, unused flight credit issued on or after 31 January 2019, this will automatically be extended to 31 December 2021, but will take a few weeks to update in the system.
Additional flexibility for international flight bookings
We've also introduced further flexibility for international bookings. If you have an existing Qantas international flight booking (excluding trans-Tasman) as at 19 May, are due to travel between 1 August and 31 October 2020 and wish to change your plans, you can now cancel your booking and retain the full value as a Flight Credit.
- Request your Flight Credit by 30 June 2020.
- Then book and travel by 31 December 2021.
- When you’re ready to rebook, we will waive the change fee one time and you'll need to cover any fare increase in your new booking (if applicable).
Additional flexibility for new Australian domestic flight bookings
Now's a great time to start planning your next Australian holiday. We know our customers are looking forward to booking their next flight, and to ensure you can book with confidence, we've introduced further flight flexibility on Australian domestic flights. Book any Australian domestic flight between 21 May and 30 June, for travel between 12 June and 31 October 2020, and we'll waive the change fee one time if you decide to change the date of your travel. When you’re ready to rebook, you’ll need to cover any fare increase for your new flights.
Using flight credits and multi-use functionality
We're working hard to improve the conditions applicable to our flight credits. If your original booking was made before 30 April 2020, and you were due to travel on a Qantas flight between 31 January and 30 September 2020, your flight credit can be used across multiple future bookings. This will be updated in our system from June 2020. Further details will be provided shortly.
Classic Flight Reward bookings
If you're due to travel on a Classic Flight Reward booking (using Qantas Points) and wish to change your plans, you can cancel your booking. The total Qantas Points used and any taxes, fees and carrier charges paid will be refunded, less any cancellation fees. If your flight has been cancelled by us, you will not incur any cancellation fees.
If you’re flying after 30 September 2020
If your plans have changed or you no longer wish to travel, visit Manage Booking to change your travel dates, cancel your flight and use the value towards a future flight.
Our standard fare rules apply, so you may be charged a change or cancellation fee. To check your fare conditions for change and cancellation information, enter your last name and booking reference at Manage booking, then move down to the flight section.
1. Go to Manage booking (see below).
2. Enter your booking reference and last name in the relevant fields to access your booking information.
3. Scroll down to the 'Flights' heading or click 'Flight details' on the left-hand navigation to see your flight details.
4. Click 'Cancel/Voucher' on the right-hand side.
5. Accept the 'terms and conditions'.
You'll receive a confirmation email to the email address contained in your booking once your flight credit has been processed and is ready to redeem.