Check-in online and get your boarding pass from 24 hours before your flight.
On this page
Check-in online before you arrive at the airport and get your digital boarding pass from 24 hours before your flight.
Online check-in opens 24 hours before your flight departure. We recommend you check-in early and allow yourself enough time at the airport. For the latest check-in times, please see the table below.
|Latest check-in and bag drop
|Domestic (QF400 and above)
|Domestic Qantas codeshare services operated by Jetstar (QF5000-QF5999)
|Domestic connecting to international travel (QF400 and above) For example: Canberra to Sydney to Los Angeles
|Domestic travel where your flight departs from an Australian international terminal (QF1-QF399)
|Group check-in for domestic flights (QF400 and above) or for domestic travel where your flight departs from an Australian international terminal (QF1-QF399)
|International Qantas operated services at all Australian international airports (QF1-QF399)
|Economy or Premium Economy: 90 minutes
Business or First: 60 minutes
|International Qantas codeshare services operated by Jetstar at all Australian international airports
|Travel on oneworld® partners, codeshare partners or other designated international partners
|Contact the operating carrier for their recommended check-in times
How to check-in online or with Qantas App
How to check-in online at qantas.com
Follow these four simple steps:
- Make sure you're within the correct time frames. Online check-in is available from 24 hours until 30 minutes before the flight leaves for domestic flights. For international travel, it's 24 hours until 90 minutes before departure.
- Enter your booking reference (Where can I find this?) and last name to check in above. You can also do this through Manage booking or your bookings if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer.
- Follow the steps to check-in.
- Use your boarding pass to board your flight.
Check-in using the Qantas App
- Check-in with just a few simple taps and you’re ready to fly
- Access your digital boarding pass from the home screen of the app
- Be one of the first to know when check-in has opened
- Receive real time information of your flight departure time and gate information
- Add your boarding pass to the Apple wallet (for Apple customers only)
- View and change your seat.
Want to know how the Qantas App can make travel easier? Learn more about the app
Download it today
If you haven't already checked in via qantas.com or the Qantas App, an SMS will be sent to you prior to your flight, inviting you to check-in.
How to undo check-in
Follow these simple steps to undo check-in online or in the Qantas App when you’re already checked in.
- Undo check-in is not available once you have dropped your bags, or within 40 minutes of the flight.
- If you’ve got multiple flights, you’ll see a list of the flights to uncheck.
- If the flights are connecting services, you’ll not be able to uncheck just one of the flights and must uncheck the entire journey.
Undo check-in online
- Enter your booking reference and last name to find your booking. You can also do this through Manage booking or your bookings if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer.
- On the review page, you'll see “Not flying anymore” at the bottom of your Trip Summary, click through to begin undo check-in.
- You'll be presented with frequently asked questions. Once ready to undo check-in, click continue and the confirmation page will be displayed with options to check-in again.
Undo check-in on the Qantas App
- Access your digital boarding pass from the home screen of the app.
- On the boarding pass, you’ll see “Not flying anymore” underneath View / Change Seat, tap to begin undo check-in.
- You’ll be presented with frequently asked questions. Once ready to undo check-in, click continue and the confirmation page will be displayed with the ability to check-in again by clicking continue.
Online and Qantas App check-in eligibility
The following table outlines eligibility for online and Qantas App check-in.
Australian domestic airport check-in
Domestic flights within Australia
Customers who require special assistance, unaccompanied minors or large groups, please make yourself known to our friendly customer service agents at the airport who will be able to assist with the check-in process. If you require mobility assistance, please allow extra time to complete check-in.
Domestic flights within Australia departing from an international terminal
Domestic flights departing from an international terminal (QF1-QF399) are flights between Australian capital cities that connect to or from a Qantas international service. For example, QF9 from Melbourne to Perth which continues on as QF9 from Perth to London.
If you're travelling on a domestic flight departing from an international terminal (QF1-399), there are important points to consider:
- Photo identification is required for customers over 18 years of age.
- Check-in is at the international terminal of the city you're departing from.
- International check-in times apply, so it's recommended you arrive at the airport two hours prior to your flight. Check-in closes 60 minutes prior to departure.
- These flights are subject to international security screening. Restrictions apply to the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels you can bring in your carry-on baggage.
- Airport customer service agents will check your ID and attach a 'D' (Domestic) sticker to your boarding pass.
- You must keep your boarding pass and present it at customs clearance points at the commencement and conclusion of your domestic trip. This is required to comply with the migration regulations administered by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
Find out more about domestic passengers travelling on international flights at Australian Customs and Border Protection Services
Domestic premium services
Priority check-in is available at select airports for Platinum, Gold, Silver Frequent Flyers, Qantas Club members and customers travelling in business when travelling on domestic flights.
International airport check-in
On arrival at the airport, skip the queues with the self-serve kiosks Follow the prompts to check-in and print your boarding pass. If you're travelling with bags, you can print bag tags at the kiosk before dropping them off at the bag drop.
At the check-in kiosks you can also:
- View your flight details
- Change your allocated seat
- Check-in a companion travelling on the same flight in the same cabin but on a different booking
- Input your Frequent Flyer details
Proceed to the bag drop.
Self serve kiosk not available
If kiosks aren't available at the airport you're flying out of, see one of our friendly staff at a check-in counter located in the Departures area.
Make sure you have your booking reference, e-ticket, passport and any relevant travel documents.
International premium services
First passengers, Platinum Frequent Flyers and oneworld® Emerald members are able to check-in at the dedicated First Check In Suite at selected international airports, and fast-track through immigration.
Premium passengers (Business and Premium Economy), Gold and Silver Frequent Flyers, and oneworld Ruby members have access to dedicated Premium Service Desks in all international ports.
Travelling with checked bags
Prepare for your next trip by watching our step by step video on how to use our new bag tag kiosks in our Australian domestic airports.
Search our FAQs for more information: