Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Google Chrome Extension
The Extension is provided exclusively for the use of Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) members. Membership of the QFF program and points are subject to the QFF program Terms and Conditions. The Extension is an interactive mini-application that can be downloaded onto your personalised Google Chrome homepage.
Conditions of Use
Qantas provides the Extension to you for the purpose of you utilising it as a tool to:
- track your QFF points balance,
- obtain and view estimates of the number of points you need to redeem for flights to selected Qantas & Partner Classic Award destinations and an estimate of the surcharges, fees and taxes payable,
- view a selection of items from the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store and the number of points you need to redeem, and
- view a snapshot of where you have earned points
You agree to use the Extension only for the purposes that are permitted by the Terms and you must not use the Extension or any part of the content of the Gadget for any other purpose.
You may not:
- copy the Extension (or any part thereof) or attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer, develop, adapt, enhance or amend any of the software and other IT tools forming part of, or related to the Extension, or combine it with any other product for any purpose whatsoever;
- allow any access to or use of the Extension by any third party; or
- attempt to gain improper access to or otherwise interfere with any system or network connected to or affiliated with the Extension.
Intellectual Property Rights
All proprietary rights in the Extension are owned by Qantas and you obtain no intellectual property rights in relation to the Extension and/or any derivative or adaption thereof. The material contained in the Extension is protected by copyright. You may use this Extension only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on this Extension , create any other material using material in the Extension or remove any copyright notice, or other notice included in the Extension .
Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of Qantas.
The products, technology and processes contained in the Extension may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by Qantas or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Your use of the Extension must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
When you access your QFF membership information in the Extension, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through the Extension. Qantas makes no warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and Qantas is not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Except where to do so would cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, Qantas:
- Excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these Terms;
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of the Extension; and
- Excludes liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with this Extension.
Without limiting the general disclaimer you agree that:
- the Extensionis provided by Qantas on an 'as is basis' and is not intended to address your particular requirements;
- Qantas makes no warranty that the Gadget will meet your requirements or that your use of the Extensionwill be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free or that the site or server providing the Extensionwill be free of viruses or other harmful codes;
- Qantas makes no warranties or representations whether express or implied, in relation to the Extension or any information or data contained in the Extension, including but not limited to implied warranties or conditions of completeness, accuracy, security, privacy, satisfactory quality, standard of workmanship, level of care and attention, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement; and
- Qantas is not liable to you or anyone else: (1) if errors occur in the information or data contained in the Extension or if that information or data is not up-to-date, (2) for any delays or disruptions in relation to the Extension; and (3) if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of the Extension.
Due to delays in updating content, the 'Your Points Balance', 'Where Would I Like To Go?', 'More Dream Destinations' and membership and other information (Information) referred to in the Extension may be different to your 'Total Points' balance and Information shown at qantas.com. The 'Total Points' balance, points and surcharges, fees and taxes estimates provided by the Qantas & Partner Classic Award booking engine, and Information shown at qantas.com prevails to the extent of any inconsistency.
Under 'Your Earn Activity' in the Extension, red icons show only points earned in the relevant category in the period specified. Grey icons show where you could be earning more points. The points shown have not been adjusted to reflect your earn activity outside of the period specified or other points activity such as redemptions, so the total of the points earned may be different to your Points Balance.
Allow up to eight weeks for points earned with program partners to appear. Terms and conditions of the QFF program and of program partners apply to all points earning.
Points Estimates - More Important Information
Under the "Using Points" tab in the 'Where Would I Like To Go?' and "More Dream Destinations" headings, you can obtain and view estimates of the points required to redeem, and additional fees, surcharges and taxes (including applicable fuel and insurance surcharges) ("Taxes") payable, for selected Qantas & Partner Classic Award flights. Please note that this information is provided as a guide only. The points estimate provided is ordinarily accurate as at the date specified on the Extension and is based on a number of assumptions. However, surcharges, fees and taxes may change without notice. For points and taxes estimates and for a full list of destinations, visit qantas.com
The estimate provided using the Extension is determined based on the most direct travelling distance to the destination requested and does not include the cost of a stopover where required for connecting flights. Other options may exist that require different points levels. Mixed class travel in a trip is calculated using the points level for the highest class of travel flown in that trip. While the estimate is based on the current timetable, this is subject to change and flights may not be available at the time that you make your Qantas & Partner Classic Award booking. The number of points ultimately required and Taxes payable when you book may be different due to schedule or routing changes, use of other carriers, unavailability of seats on certain flights, or delays in updating content on the Extension.
On eligible Australian and New Zealand domestic Award flights you can redeem your points for Taxes payable. However, this option is not displayed on the Extension. See qantas.com for more information.
The number of Qantas & Partner Classic Award seats is limited. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination. Some flights may not have any Classic Award seats available. The seats made available for Classic Awards on Qantas flights may also be obtained through the Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award booking process (although points required are usually higher as they include surcharges, fees and taxes). Different conditions apply to Any Seat Awards. Members can still choose to obtain those seats as Classic Awards in a separate booking. A particular itinerary may be available as more than one Award Type (i.e Qantas & Partner Classic Awards and Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards). Points required for each Award Type for the same itinerary may be different and each may have different fare conditions. The booking process for each Award Type is separate from the others.
For further program details refer to the terms and conditions.
The Extension may contain links to, or frame, websites of third parties ('external sites'). Qantas is not required to maintain or update the links. Links to or framing of external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Qantas of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on these external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on the Extension. Qantas makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites.
Personal Information provided in connection with your use of the Extension will be handled by Qantas in accordance with the privacy statement available at qantas.com/privacy. In addition, Qantas will keep logs of your use of the Extension.
Qantas shall have the right at any time, in its sole discretion to make modifications, alterations or deletions to the Extension and these Terms. By using the Extension following a change to the Terms you agree to be bound by any changes. Further, you acknowledge and agree that Qantas may suspend or permanently stop providing the Extension or any features within the Gadget at any time without prior notice.
Share the Extension
If you no longer wish to use the Extension, simply choose Extensions from the 'Customise and control Google Chrome' drop down menu and select 'Disable' beside the Extension'.