Win a $10,000 Qantas Holidays Voucher Every Year for 3 years
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 3636) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on Friday 1 April 2016 and closes at 11.59pm on Thursday 30 June 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 years or over with a Qantas Points earning credit card (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and registered travel companions, and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- register their details including their Qantas Frequent Flyer number at qantas.com/usetowin; and
- make eligible purchases using a Qantas Points earning credit card to earn Qantas Points which are credited to their Qantas Frequent Flyer account during the Promotion Period. Eligible purchases may differ between card products. Please refer to your individual credit card terms and conditions for the definition of an eligible purchase.
Every Qantas Point earned and credited to a member's account during the Promotion Period will equal one entry into the competition.
6) Qantas Points are deemed to be credited on the date they appear in the member's Qantas Frequent Flyer Activity Statement which can be checked online at qantas.com/youraccount. Depending on the statement cycle of the Qantas Points earning credit card, typically it can take up to 40 days for Qantas Points to be credited to the Qantas Frequent Flyer account after making an eligible purchase using a Qantas Points earning credit card. Accordingly, eligible purchases made on your Qantas Points earning credit card after 20 May 2016 may or may not be credited by 30 June 2016.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8) Multiple entries are permitted.
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the Qantas Points are credited to the member's Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
11) The draw will take place at 2.00pm on the 15th of July 2016 at the offices of MDSA at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The winners will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries.< br />
12) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) There will be 26 (twenty six) prizes in total. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$73,975 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
The major prize consists of three $10,000 Qantas Holidays vouchers. One Qantas Holidays voucher will be provided to the winner each year, with the vouchers issued on the following dates:
- Voucher 1 to be issued on 12 August 2016
- Voucher 2 to be issued on 12 August 2017
- Voucher 3 to be issued on 12 August 2018
The first voucher may take up to 28 days to be sent to the winner from the draw date (or any redraw date, as applicable).
QANTAS HOLIDAYS GIFT VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Gift vouchers must be used for Holiday packages and cannot be used for flight bookings only.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The value of your gift voucher must be wholly redeemed in one transaction. The voucher will be issued as 2 x $5,000 vouchers.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No responsibility is taken for lost, damaged or stolen vouchers.
- All bookings and travel are subject to Qantas Holiday Voucher (QHV) booking conditions. Please consult the booking conditions in the Qantas Holidays brochures or as outlined in the Holiday section of their website.
- Please contact QHV on 1300 339 543 or see your local travel agent to make your holiday arrangements and redeem your gift voucher. Please quote your booking reference number at time of redemption.
- The value of the gift voucher is in Australian dollars. There are no fees associated with the redemption of the voucher.
There are 25 (twenty five) minor prizes. Each prize consists of 50,000 Qantas Points that will be credited to the winner's Qantas Frequent Flyer account. The Qantas Points may take up to twenty eight (28) days to be credited to a winner's account from the draw date (or any redraw date, as applicable).
14) In relation to the major Prize, the winner must confirm their contact details so the prize can be issued. In relation to the minor Prizes, the winners must confirm their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number so the Prize transfer can be completed.
15) The maximum value of the major Prize is $30,000. The maximum notional value of each minor prize is $1,759, based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer reward options (Awards) and Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms) as at 18 March 2016. For example, 45,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a Premium Economy one-way Sydney to Hong Kong Classic Flight Reward as at 18 March 2016, plus $181.24 in taxes, fees and carrier charges). The maximum notional value of the total prize pool is $73,975, based on the maximum value of the major prize ($30,000) plus the maximum notional value of the twenty five minor prizes ($43,975).
16) The maximum notional value of each prize is provided for the purposes of information only. The maximum notional value of each prize will vary depending on how the prizes are redeemed by each winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of each prize.
17) Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. By accepting the Prize, the winner accepts the conditions of use of that Prize.
18) If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19) The winners will be notified in writing by email and by telephone within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com on 22 July 2016.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a Prize. If a Prize remains unclaimed at 11.00am on 17 October 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer at 11.30am on 31 October 2016 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner will be notified in writing by email within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com on 7 November 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any Prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23) The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting their Prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any Prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/02426, ACT Permit No. TP16/00582, & SA Licence No. T16/499.