Your chance to win a trip to Hawaii with Avis and Budget
Competition Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, telephone number 1300 738 206 (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on 4 January 2016 and closes at 11.59pm on 30 January 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are 21 years of age or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period book car rental in Australia with Avis or Budget through qantas.com/cars. Booking must be for a car rental that is picked up by 20 March 2016.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Multiple entries are permitted, one entry per car rental booking.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place at 2.00pm on 5 February 2016 at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by Mike Da Silva & Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (MDSA) (Drawer).
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be one (1) prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$10,536.90, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13) The prize is:
- Two (2) return Economy Qantas flights from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to Honolulu Hawaii (includes flight associated taxes)
- Five (5) nights twin share accommodation at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort with breakfast (with car parking included for 5 nights)
- 5 days Full Size car hire (Nissan Altima or similar) with Avis or Budget (subject to availability and rental company Terms & Conditions see Avis website or Budget website. A valid driver's license must be presented at the time of rental). Includes unlimited miles, loss damage waiver, third party liability, state taxes, state imposed surcharges and airport contract fees where applicable. Optional products may be purchased by the renter at the time of rental. At rental commencement the prize winner will be requested to provide a valid credit card so details can be entered into the system for security purposes and to enable the charging of any miscellaneous / optional charges and refueling. If the driver is aged 21-24 an additional young drivers fee may apply, and payment of this fee and the applicable taxes/surcharges is the responsibility of the driver.
Prize must be taken between 15 August 2016 and 19 December 2016.
14) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum value of the Prize.
15) The redemption of the Prize is subject to the availability.
16) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
17) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
18) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 15 July 2016. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 19 December 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
19) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21) The winner will be notified by email within 2 business days after the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com, on 12 February 2016.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5 May 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 19 May 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email within 2 business days after the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com on 26 May 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25) The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
28) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/09990, ACT Permit No. TP15/08389, SA Licence No. T15/2290.