Qantas Flight Credits
Find out about Flight Credits and when they can be used.
Due to high demand, we're experiencing some delays in call wait times and the processing of flight credits, refunds and other options.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website, contact these companies directly for assistance.
On this page
There are no fees associated with obtaining your flight credit. However, any fees that applied to your original booking will apply at time of redeeming your flight credit, unless they have been waived. For example, if you purchased a Red e-Deal or sale fare, the change fee will be charged when you redeem your flight credit. Make sure you check the fare conditions of your original booking to find out what fees will apply when you redeem your flight credit. No fees will be charged where Qantas cancels your flights.
Qantas Flight Credits can only be redeemed on bookings:
- where the new fare amount (which excludes carrier charges, fees and taxes) is equal to or higher than the original fare and the conditions of the new fare are met, unless it's eligible to be used for multiple bookings. Any applicable fare difference will apply.
- departing from the country in which the original booking was made. To redeem a flight credit issued outside of your home country, contact your local Qantas office at the time of booking.
Qantas Flight Credits can't be redeemed on bookings:
- with a lower value than the flight credit value, unless it's eligible to be used for multiple bookings.
- where travel has commenced, for example, for an upgrade or additional fares.
- round the world and Jetstar bookings. For multi-city bookings contact your local Qantas Office.
- Flight Credits are non-transferable.
- To redeem a flight credit, you must make a booking that includes all passengers who were on the original booking. If all passengers no longer wish to travel together, contact your local Qantas office.
- Cancellation conditions of the original booking will apply. Refer to the fare conditions for details.
- Flight Credits are valid until the expiry date shown, with the exception of Flight Credits for which an extension has been applied.
- Any existing, unused Flight Credits issued after 31 January 2019 originally booked for travel until 31 March 2021 are valid for bookings and travel until 31 December 2022. This will take a few weeks to update in the system. Just request your flight credit before your scheduled date of departure.
- If you don't use your Flight Credit before the expiry date, the Flight Credit value will be forfeited unless the original fare conditions permitted a refund, and your refund request was submitted prior to the expiry date.
Using Flight Credits for multiple bookings
- If your original booking was made before 30 April 2020, and you were due to travel on a Qantas flight between 31 January 2020 and 31 March 2021, your flight credit can be used across multiple future bookings, provided there is credit remaining.
- Book your Qantas flights and ensure all travel is completed before 31 December 2022.
- If you don’t use the full value of your Flight Credit in one transaction, we’ll issue you a new Flight Credit of the remaining balance and with the same expiry date.
- If your original fare conditions permitted a refund, you’ll need to request the refund prior to using the Flight Credit and before the expiry date.
- Once you commence using your Flight Credit, the fare conditions from your original booking no longer apply, and any remaining value not used before the expiry date is non-refundable (except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law) and will be forfeited.
Redeem your Flight Credit through Manage booking, by entering the credit reference number and your last name.