Booking changes and other options
We want to provide our customers with as much certainty and flexibility as we can. If your travel plans have been impacted, read on to find out how we can help.
Last updated: 23 December 2021
Due to high demand, we're experiencing some delays in call wait times and the processing of Flight Credits, refunds and other options.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website, contact these companies directly for assistance.
On this page
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website (for example Webjet or Booking.com), contact these companies directly to discuss your options.
Some governments have implemented measures, including health and safety protocols, in response to COVID-19 that may impact your travel.
Before booking and before departure, ensure you check the latest government travel requirements, which may include mandatory health declarations, vaccinations, use of face masks, entry permits, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), or you could be denied entry.
If your plans are affected by border restrictions or a change to government travel requirements:
- If we’ve cancelled your Qantas flight, wait to hear from us before changing your booking. We'll contact anyone whose flight has been impacted as soon as possible with the options available including a Flight Credit, an alternative flight to your booked destination (if possible) or a refund.
- If you are no longer able to or wish to travel, you can choose to cancel your flight yourself, and a cancellation fee may be charged in accordance with your fare rules. You can also request a Flight Credit or change your flight (a fare difference may apply). For more information, see Fly Flexible and Changes to travel plans.
Australian domestic flights
If we’ve cancelled your Qantas flight, including your Classic Flight Reward booking, wait to hear from us before changing your booking. We'll rebook you on the next available flight to your booked destination (if possible), at no additional cost to you. Alternatively, you can choose a Flight Credit or a refund. You won’t be charged any change or cancellation fees. We’ll be contacting anyone whose flight has been impacted as soon as possible.
If you have an existing booking for an international flight that is impacted by a change to our international restart plans, we'll be in contact to provide you with a number of options, including a refund for any flights cancelled by us. Don't take any action and wait to hear from us with the options available to you.
You don't need to do anything, and you won't be charged any cancellation fees. You can choose to cancel your flight yourself. However, if you do, you may be charged a cancellation fee in accordance with your fare rules.
To ensure you can book with confidence, we've added further flexibility on flights across our network.
Book any eligible Qantas flight and enjoy added flexibility with the option to change the date of your travel as often as you need.
Enjoy unlimited fee-free changes to your date of travel when you book any:
- Qantas operated Australian domestic flight between 21 May 2020 and 30 April 2022, for travel between 12 June 2020 and 30 April 2022.
- Qantas operated trans-Tasman flight between 15 October 2020 and 30 June 2022, for travel between 16 October 2020 and 31 December 2022.
- International Qantas operated and Qantas Codeshare flight booked between 25 February 2021 and 30 June 2022, for travel between 1 November 2021 and 31 December 2022. Note: our flights are scheduled 12 months in advance, so your preferred date might not be available at this time.
If you decide to change the date of your travel we’ll waive the change fee. You'll need to change your flight before your scheduled date of departure and select a new travel date within 12 months of your original booking date. When you’re ready to rebook, you’ll also need to cover any fare increase for your new flight, if applicable. For all changes your applicable Fare Rules and the Qantas Conditions of Carriage apply.
Visit Fly Flexible for further information.
Bookings on or before 30 September 2021
If you're due to travel on a Qantas flight and wish to change your plans, you can cancel your booking and retain the full value as a Flight Credit.
- Request your Flight Credit before your scheduled date of departure.
- Then book and travel by 31 December 2023.
- When you're ready to rebook, you’ll need to cover any fare increase in your new booking, if applicable.
Plus, your Flight Credit can be used for multiple future bookings. Just book your Qantas flights and ensure all travel is completed before 31 December 2023. If you don't use the full value of your Flight Credit in one transaction, we'll issue you a new Flight Credit with the same expiry date.
Find out more information on the terms and conditions that apply when using your Flight Credits.
Bookings from 1 October 2021
If your plans have changed or you no longer wish to travel, visit Manage Booking to change your travel dates, or cancel your flight and request a Flight Credit to use the value towards a future flight of equal or higher value than your original booking.
- Your Flight Credit is valid for booking and travel within 12 months from your original booking date.
- Our standard fare rules apply, so you may be charged a change or cancellation fee. Visit Fly Flexible to see if you're eligible for unlimited fee-free date changes.
- You’ll also need to cover any fare increase in your new booking, if applicable.
To check your fare conditions for change and cancellation information, enter your last name and booking reference at Manage booking, then move down to the flight section.
When you use Qantas Points to book a Classic Flight Reward, you’ll be able change your travel dates or cancel your booking free of charge.
- An Australian domestic Classic Flight Reward before 30 April 2022 and you can change or cancel your booking free of charge until 30 April 2022.
- A Trans-Tasman or International Classic Flight Reward before 30 June 2022 and you can change or cancel free of charge until 31 December 2022.
If you wish to change your travel dates, we'll waive the change fee. If you wish to cancel, we'll waive the cancellation fee. The total Qantas Points used and any taxes, fees and carrier charges paid will be refunded. The points fee waiver applies to itineraries that consist only of Classic Flight Rewards. If you combine a Classic Flight Reward with a non-Classic Flight Reward fare, this fee waiver won’t apply.
Visit Flexible Classic Flight Rewards for more information.
For changes or cancellations made outside the Flexible Classic Flight Reward dates, our standard fare rule, change and cancellation fees apply. Visit our terms and conditions for the applicable fare conditions.
Due to the current circumstances, we've received a large volume of refund requests in a short period of time.
We are continuing to process customers' refund requests prioritised in lodgement date order. There are a significant number of requests and we’re working through them as quickly as we can.
Our current processing time approximately 8 weeks to process refunds. We're working through the backlog of refund applications and processing these as quickly as possible.
Once your refund is processed you'll receive an email to confirm it's been actioned. There is no need to call us. We appreciate your patience.
1. Go to Manage booking (see below).
2. Enter your booking reference and last name in the relevant fields to access your booking information.
3. Scroll down to the 'Flights' heading or click 'Flight details' on the left-hand navigation to see your flight details.
4. Click 'Cancel/Voucher' on the right-hand side.
5. Accept the 'terms and conditions'.
You'll receive a confirmation email to the email address contained in your booking once your Flight Credit has been processed and is ready to use.
Disclaimer: * Subject to Government and Regulatory approval.